E-Class. An old mans car?

Benzslammer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 220 CDI & S203 C200
Benzslammer, Who di that exhaust conversion? Very tidy looking IMO.

Thanks! I removed the rear box altogether and welded up a new rear section incorporating the stainless ends. Its not as loud as you'd think but certainly lets the V8 speak its mind! :D

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Im an old(ish) man and my E Class makes me feel young!

As regards any hearse comments..... I got there first.

Lovely car.

You've lowered it a bit...what springs did you use?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Thanks! I removed the rear box altogether and welded up a new rear section incorporating the stainless ends. Its not as loud as you'd think but certainly lets the V8 speak its mind! :D

Do you mean you modified the existing box? A pic would be good from below.

So many questions...but it does look good.

Last edited:

Benzslammer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 220 CDI & S203 C200
Do you mean you modified the existing box? A pic would be good from below.

So many questions...but it does look good.

Suspension geometry rest afterwards and got within 5% of factory settings using camber bolts and arms. Front shocks replaced with Avantgarde units as they are slightly shorter than the Elegance originals.

Rear exhaust box is deleted totally. I will get under and take a picture when I get a minute.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I've had 2 W211s (E220 then E270) and now on a W221 (S350L).

I had the first W211 at 43. I'm 53 now.

If I listened to the vain and intellectually challenged I guess I could be seen as old, driving an old man's car.

I asked a good mate if I was being ostentatious when I bought the W221, he joked I was a fat cat!!. I tend to keep them a long time and do high mileage, so spend a lot of time in them. On my last job I used to spend up to 5.5 hours on the journey home on a Friday evening, so it makes sense to be comfortable. The DVD player in the dash comes in handy to watch Skyfall whilst on the M25 car park!!

I also face the looks of the intellectually challenged when my 6 year old daughter steps out of the rear door of the W221!!! I'm not her grandad. Do the math.

The math works such that the long ownership period of the Mercs, in reality they cost less to purchase than a fiesta. The E270 was £48.38 per week over the lifetime of the car in my ownership. A bargain. I calculate the S will be approx £68 per week, based on the expected ownership period. Of course the vain will change regularly to keep up with fashion and the need to be seen to be kool, but they will be poorer financially!

Yoof is wasted on the young

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Sport Line Premium Plus Coupe (C205)
Could be worse. I've seen the SL models described as "Hollywood Wives" cars!
icon10.gif

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom