E220 CDI 220k FMBSH 2014

DRC27Wash

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI 2014 2.1
Considering going to look at this car, it is very reasonably priced, interior looks in excellent condition.
Would it be crazy to buy this car with such mileage?
I do around 12k per year. Daily trip to work is around 15miles each way, 20 min mostly dual carriageway.
How much more mileage can I expect the engine and gearbox to do?
Much appreciate guidance from those that have MBs with a similar situation.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Can't speak for engine mileage , but the gearbox even if it is the newer 75k schedule for ATF and filter change (as opposed to the older 37k change ) .
MB only do the one ATF change , but a lot of us and Indys will keep up that schedule of 37 or 75k .
So if it's full MB service history there should be at least 1 ATF change , if it were me at that mileage I would want another as well , unless the car is the deal of the century .
Edit , and welcome to the forum buddy .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome!
Mixed bag with the OM651 engine present in that car.
There are a few threads running on here at the moment surrounding timing chains etc. Some are going on and on and on, like taxis.. others have seen issues

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Always a risk buying above 200k miles especially the OM651 engine with simplex timing chain. I think I’d prefer to buy 2 years older with lower mileage for similar money these cars age well when serviced properly

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom