1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E220 coupe anybody know this car?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by myszon23, Oct 21, 2012.

1. myszon23

myszon23 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    w114
  2. toby1

toby1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1998 CL420 C140
    I don't know it and nor have I seen it, but it looks ok

3. Juddian

Juddian Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
    Yes it looks OK to me too, i'd be on the phone to the seller and asking him to walk round the car describing what i ask about, if the seller sounds the part i'd go and have a look, in the right clothing to crawl about underneath to check the rear subrame mounts etc.

Looks like a standard car without aircon or electric seats, a bonus IMO, leather looks fair but the outside of the drivers seat squab should be as scabby as the backrest, maybe the panel has been 'fixed' somehow or replaced.

A good sign that someone put named tyres on, instead of the usual Chinese rubbish, maybe just maybe it was cared for equally well in other ways, if that service history holds up to scrutiny it could be a good one...incidentally i had those P6000's on a 124TE, good tyre for the model.

4. OP
    myszon23

myszon23 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    w114
    According to MOT there is some movement on front bearings. Is it complicated or expencive to fix?

5. syncropaddy

syncropaddy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    .... too many cars!
    No. No more difficult than most cars and MB parts are cheap enough for this model