E270CDi Classic vs Avantgarde

Tuvoc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI
I'm looking at an ad for a 2004 (54 reg) E270 Cdi Classic.

It seems very well spec'd, but I presume less so than the Avantgarde ? Can anyone advise ?

Richard Elliot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E270CDi
The main difference is the suspension, which is lowered and stiffer in an avantgarde...if you search the forum you will find plenty of people moaning about the avantgarde suspension, including myself, get a classic or elegance.

OP
T

Tuvoc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI
Great info, thanks !! Indeed I probably don't want firmer suspension. I had no idea about that. Ive searched on the E270 but didn't come across that.

OP
T

Tuvoc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI
Hmm... having read about the SBC brake pump issue, £1000-£1500 with Mercedes no longer replacing free of charge, I'm not sure a pre facelift W211 is a wise purchase.

Edit: Or on a late 2004 car, will it be replaced up until late 2014, i.e. 10 yrs ?

Last edited:
OP
T

Tuvoc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI
Very unlikely to be replaced ?

I phoned the service dept at my local Mercedes dealer. He said that it is assessed on a case by case basis. With a full Mercedes history it should be no problem. If not then there may be issues.

He said that they do about one a month if that, it is not that common now. If they have already been replaced, then an improved unit was fitted which has a much longer life.

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom