E300 starting & Intermittant Limp mode

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes benz E220 cdi estate W211 facelift 2008. Mercedes SL320 R129 1996.
Hi i have a 97,E300 estate which until 2 weeks ago went perfect. The trouble started when the car became hard to start once left for 10 mins then started ok the mech told me posible problem with imobiliser he put it on the computor and got some codes to show imobiliser fault (alarm siren never worked since i got the car) which he deleated. Last week the car would not start for me i kept try after 5-10 mins and it got to the stage where the car fired on one cylinder for about 7 times the nothing, It was like fuel starvation. The mech came out to me and he put jump leads on and kept trying and eventually got it started cylinder by cylinder and big puff of black smoke in engine bay and exhaust pipe. I brought the car to his and left it over night. He said next morning started first turn off key so he decided to change o rings ( i presume all) in the engine fuel system. i collected the car and all was well until i noticed there was no kick down and no power, I brought the car back to the mech he stuck it on the comp and said it showed an EGR fault car in limp which he cleared ( I did notice that the pipe with the yellow plug in the EGR system was disconnected which i think he may have done for some reason but he reconnected it) and test drove the car and all was fine. The car now is still not starting as it was before all this trouble it is also going into limp mode intermittantly and i think the fuel consumption has got worse.
Could the EGR valve be at fault and would it cause hard start high fuel consumption. I understand that there is an EGR delete using resistors but i first want to get to the bottom of this problem and then maybe get the mod done.

Any help appriciated and i do understand the EGR has been flogged to death on the internet but id love to know is it the cause of all my trouble

thanks

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Blank the vac hose off that goes to the egr valve. Then remove the valve [x2 bolts] and make a blanking plate to sit where the egr valve should be. Then test the car.

OP
atlantimd

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi thanks for the info i will be bringing it to the mech tomorrow and will get this done.One question will the ECU see the valve not working and go into limp again

cheers

OP
atlantimd

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sorry forgot to mention this is turbo model thats why i asked previous question as i have seen a few topics on the net saying only way to do this is the electrical delete with the resistors. so i was thinking to get valve cleaned out.

OP
atlantimd

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
egr blocked off

hi i blocked off the vac and blanked the EGR car is now limp no power or turbo and code p1403.
help appriciated

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom