E320CDi automatic gearbox problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

owdgit

New Registration
Reaction score
Help!
has anybody had or know of anybody that has had an intermittent gearbox fault.
The car has had the fault since new and has, to date, only covered 4000 miles.
My car has a fault only when the ambient temp is below zero, it manifests once a day fault in which the change from second to third gear does not go smoothly, it "kangaroos". This happens once in the day only and still occurs if the engine is allowed to get up to operating temperature. The fault is noticeable by the break in drive and the rapid rise and fall of the engines revs via the rev counter.
No fault is recorded within the cars computer and Mercedes are unable or unwilling to help or acknowledge any fault, as it never happens when they have the car.
I would like to sort this out sooner rather than later as the weather is "getting better"! and the fault will disappear till next winter at which point Mercedes will say that the fault should have been brought up earlier.
Please help.

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Going on my experience you need to get as solicitor onto this immediately, to get it on record. Believe me, if you let this go outside warranty they will sting you with it. There is an erratic history of auto transmission faults, either it dies very young or goes all the way. I am on 80k with no auto trouble but I know a few that never made it to 25k. you could be looking at a £3k replacement auto if you are not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom