E320CDI Services

BrianM

Reaction score
I'm about to buy an 04 E320CDI with only 10,000 miles on the clock from a main dealer. The service indicator is indicating that a D service is due in 7,000 miles. According to the dealer the car has been serviced according to time interval rather than mileage but I'm not sure what services it's actually had (but intend to find out). My 2000 E240 only has A & B services. Could someone please advise me on the range of services on the E320CDI (A thru D?) and the approx cost of each. Do they escalate as the mileage increases (i.e A @ 10k, B @ 20k etc)? Does it seem right that a 04 car with only 10,000 miles requires a D service?
Thanks

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
As no one else has answered, why don't you ring up the service dept of your local dealer and ask them? I did before I bought my C Class - I called 2 local dealers and an authorised service centre and they were all helpful.

I gather on the E Class that the car really needs to be hooked up to the computer before the dealer can tell exactly what's required. Services are mileage AND time related - depending on which comes first. ASSYST does all this itself, and the mileage display will change to days as it gets close to the maximum time it can go without attention.

I would *guess* that after 2 yrs your car would need a fairly major service and a brake fluid change (if one hasn't been done already).

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The 211 has a,b,c,d services. Someone said that they go up around £100 per letter and this isn't too far from the truth. I've just had a B done on my E270cdi at an indie and it came to around £220 plus around another £100 for front pads. The previous one was a D (don't ask what happened to the A!) and this requires them to plug in the computer as the D is the "Diagnostic" service - so they can't give you a straight answer on price. From memory I think mine was around £350-£400, again at the indie. Add roughly 35% for dealer prices. Service wise, there is nothing in it between the 270 and 320 so prices should be in the same ballpark.
Overall, servicing isn't much different from my old E240 really.
Officially Assyst should be able to go up to 17,000 miles between services if you put in the right oil and drive nicely. I got that out of my 240 on one occasion, but my 270 is stubbornly sticking to the 9500 mile intervals, despite allegedly being switched told that it has the best oil money can buy.

4 things you'll notice switching from a 240 to a 320cdi
-ve Vibration and noise - not bad but noticable after to the 240v6
+ve economy and performance - far more a dramatic change and well worth the -ve's!
Enjoy.

OP
BrianM

BrianM

Reaction score
Jberks/Rory
Many thanks for the feedback - I was hoping someone would answer!

I must admit I have mixed feelings about changing my E240. It's coming up for 6 years old and has 94,000 miles on the clock but goes like a dream. I've had it since it was 3 months old and fancy a change and the E320 is lovely so I'm taking the plunge.

I've managed 13,000 max between services on the E240.

P.S. 2000X E240 Elegance auto, 94,000 miles, Travertine beige with grey leather, FMBSH, tracker, 4 recent new tyres available for £5200 if anyone interested! If not then it's going for trade in.

OP
BrianM

BrianM

Reaction score
P.P.S. The new car has COMAND. My understanding is that on some versions you can play a DVD on the screen when stationary. I've asked the garage if mine will but they don't seem to know! Any info/thoughts anybody?

Rotor

Reaction score
I have just sold my 2003 E320cdi to a dealer. It's last service was a D, but the service forecast (under the temperature screen) showed the next service was due in 7000 miles, and was an F! No idea what F stands for - Frighteningly expensive probably.

steve.link

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 W222 S500, 2019 W213 E220
BrianM said:
P.P.S. The new car has COMAND. My understanding is that on some versions you can play a DVD on the screen when stationary. I've asked the garage if mine will but they don't seem to know! Any info/thoughts anybody?

COMAND APS will play DVD's and MP3 files.

The DVD switches off at 10mph but there are ways around this.

Top Bottom