E55 or ML55- What to look for??

JayVersion3

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C200K Coupe '51 (W203)
Hi, I'm a noob to this forum type malarky- but I was actually looking for osme help/advice or to be pointed into the right direction.
I am a very proud owner of a Magma Red C200K W203 Coupe (which I adore!) but the time has come upgrade to something more spacious. You know the drill, family member getting old, luggage needed to be carted and such. My car is well loved and looked after and no expense spared to be maintained at MB dealer.
To get to the point, I really fancy an E55 or an ML55, although I do keep reading about all the issues that have shown on up on the net and through speaking with other previous owners they seem to be riddled with faults and trouble, especially the E Class of the years I'm looking: 2002/3.
I would quite happily settle for a 320 as the power and balance would be a distinct upgrade from 163bhp 2.0L!

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be most apprieciated!!!
If you know or personal experience or have a link to post....

Cheers!
MB all the way!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi, I'm a noob to this forum type malarky- but I was actually looking for osme help/advice or to be pointed into the right direction.
I am a very proud owner of a Magma Red C200K W203 Coupe (which I adore!) but the time has come upgrade to something more spacious. You know the drill, family member getting old, luggage needed to be carted and such. My car is well loved and looked after and no expense spared to be maintained at MB dealer.
To get to the point, I really fancy an E55 or an ML55, although I do keep reading about all the issues that have shown on up on the net and through speaking with other previous owners they seem to be riddled with faults and trouble, especially the E Class of the years I'm looking: 2002/3.
I would quite happily settle for a 320 as the power and balance would be a distinct upgrade from 163bhp 2.0L!

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be most apprieciated!!!
If you know or personal experience or have a link to post....

Cheers!
MB all the way!

Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

I think you will find that the performance of the E 320 CDI is difficult to beat for pace, and for the pace available, impossible to beat for economy and durability.

I have had several diesel cars and would not look beyond an E Class diesel in your situation. If accommodation is important, look at the estate - they are huge with self leveling suspension.

At present there are a number of late or new W211 saloons and estates at very attractive prices, largely because the new model is now with us.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, as Alex above and the E will take some beating with the 320cdi engine

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom