Engine Idling Roughly

frasermcgarrie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CClass/2003/W203
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can offer me any advice? My 2003, C180K has developed a worsening issue when starting the engine (idling roughly and shaking the engine) it used to clear up after you drove a small distance but now it is really bad and the engine management light has appeared. I ran a code checker on it and a single code, P0010 -Camshaft Position Actuator A - Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction, has been registered. I am hoping this is not timing chain related as this has slipped once before which resulted in quite a costly repair.

Thanks in advance

Fraser

OP
F

frasermcgarrie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CClass/2003/W203
Thanks for the response Steve, not sure I know what a variator is but assuming they were replaced the last time, are the magnets a regular failing part? I have replaced them both in the past as I was worried about oil leaks, however i am noticing a darkish stain eminating from the right hand one, not oily though more like a discoloration on the surrounding metal.

OP
F

frasermcgarrie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CClass/2003/W203
Ok, things have changed, awful noise now coming from the engine, it is starting to look like another Timing Chain issue, how can this happen twice within 15K miles? I believe the tensioners were replaced last time also and the garage that carried out the work came recommended.
Anyone know anyone who buys Mercs in this condition?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom