EQS model spec in 1:30h: Final non Mercedes sales staff advice appreciated!

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
Hi guys

I am going to spec my EQS at 1.30pm today. Realised there are many things I don't know much about and finding it hard to get good info on. I don't trust the sales staff to be objective.

ARTICO vs Nappa Leather. I'm not even sure if I have the option of getting nappa leather upgrade on my model.
I'm getting the 'Luxury' model I think and ARTICO seems to be the main option for that one. But hearing mixed messages about that. What is the consensus on ARTICO?

Would folks recommend the hyperscreen? I was thinking yes to avoid having the ships decking on the dashboard (which looks vulgar in the pics). It's just quite pricey at 8K.

Is there anything else people would recommend on this car?

Thanks so much for all advice given in advance.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

Artico is plastic fake rubbish that splits down the seams and wears badly on the bolster (other opinions are available... ):rolleyes:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Welcome!

As above avoid Artico I wouldn’t even grace it with the term ’man made leather’ - I have Nappa leather in my
E class and very impressed

OP
E

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
Oh OK. I will hope that they give me the option of nappa. Thanks very much for all your replies.
Hyperscreen I'll try and get because the wooden deck look is so awful.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Did you get the hyperscreen at 8k extra or did you order a car spec premium/plus that it comes as standard

OP
E

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
Did you get the hyperscreen at 8k extra or did you order a car spec premium/plus that it comes as standard
I got the LUXURY and added a hyperscreen.
The PREMIUM LUXURY all in with everything I wanted was £126k so decided against that. £114k is the package I got. Got the artico in the end because I'm essence the nappa leather was 12k extra with the premium luxury package. Couldn't get nappa as a paid upgrade from the luxury package.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Ffs all that dosh and they want more for leather o_O
I’m sure you will love it when it arrives. Sure looks a beaut.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The PREMIUM LUXURY all in with everything I wanted was £126k so decided against that. £114k is the package I got. Got the artico in the end because I'm essence the nappa leather was 12k extra with the premium luxury package. Couldn't get nappa as a paid upgrade from the luxury package.
£126k…:shock::shock::shock::shock::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I’d be seeing another very nice 911in my garage for that amount of folding

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Congratulations on ordering such a lovely car. I am sure you will be very pleased with it and we would all appreciate regular updates please.

I cannot quite believe MB have the cheek not to offer nappa leather as standard though on a car costing north of £110k

OP
E

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
Congratulations on ordering such a lovely car. I am sure you will be very pleased with it and we would all appreciate regular updates please.

I cannot quite believe MB have the cheek not to offer nappa leather as standard though on a car costing north of £110k
I know. Frustrating to say the least.

Hyperscreen I got because the interior of the "ships deck" on the dashboard was awful. It looks fine on the central console but dashboard was a no no.
But the hyperscreen option would replace that on the dashboard so I decided to step down to the luxury model and upgrade to the hyperscreen.

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Hyperscreen I got because the interior of the "ships deck" on the dashboard was awful. It looks fine on the central console but dashboard was a no no.
But the hyperscreen option would replace that on the dashboard so I decided to step down to the luxury model and upgrade to the hyperscreen.
I really don't understand MB insistence that you can't add the extras you want without upgrading to the next level. BMW, Jaguar and Audi still let you customise to your heart's content.

I personally don't like the Night Edition E Class (other opinions are available) so I am not prepared to buy a new W213 currently as the Night Edition Premium Plus is the only one which comes with memory seats and pan roof, both of which I have on my 2014 W212. So I am sitting on my money, when they might have had another sale if I could chose the Premium model and then add the options I want. In fact, I would rather them offer the Premium Plus with the features I want and make the Night Edition changes a separate option for those who want them.

With such automated build features in factories these days supplying the parts required according the requested specification, there is no reason they can't do this - in fact they do if you order the car in Germany, but the base specs are very different so I am not going down that road.

OP
E

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
I really don't understand MB insistence that you can't add the extras you want without upgrading to the next level. BMW, Jaguar and Audi still let you customise to your heart's content.

I personally don't like the Night Edition E Class (other opinions are available) so I am not prepared to buy a new W213 currently as the Night Edition Premium Plus is the only one which comes with memory seats and pan roof, both of which I have on my 2014 W212. So I am sitting on my money, when they might have had another sale if I could chose the Premium model and then add the options I want. In fact, I would rather them offer the Premium Plus with the features I want and make the Night Edition changes a separate option for those who want them.

With such automated build features in factories these days supplying the parts required according the requested specification, there is no reason they can't do this - in fact they do if you order the car in Germany, but the base specs are very different so I am not going down that road.
I know. Very frustrating all around.

We wanted this car because we've got accustomed to the plug in cars with our Range Rover hybrid and find them so much easier to live with than a petrol vehicle.
So I put my name down for this car because it was the first S class all electric.
However I think the Mercedes buying experience has gone downhill when we used to buy S classes from many years ago.

I prefer selecting individual upgrades than buying packages because different people value different things. Some people love outside styling while others care about comfort. We require inside comfort mostly.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Can't imagine ordering a plastic cow.

Parkwood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
current S213 e220d 4matic EQC 400 AMG on order
I have moved from an e class with nappa leather to an EQC with artico and dinamica cloth. I was so glad to get rid of the nappa leather it was wearing on the seam on the drivers side and damaged by buttons on the passengers side bolster. People automatically slide into the seat and clothing with zips buttons etc just scratch it so easily. I had artico on my 2 previous cars and it wore fine no issues at all and in each case looked like new at the end of 3yrs. The nappa leather in the e class was the first experience and I was pleased to have it until I started living with it then it became a bit of a nightmare worrying all the time about how easily it was permanently damaged. I would say the artico is a good choice for wearability. The EQC is fantastic so I suspect you will be very happy in an EQS. I am looking forward to test driving an EQE the S is too big for me. I would go for the hyperscreen it kind of fits the whole concept of electric cars.

OP
E

eqsbuyer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQS
I have moved from an e class with nappa leather to an EQC with artico and dinamica cloth. I was so glad to get rid of the nappa leather it was wearing on the seam on the drivers side and damaged by buttons on the passengers side bolster. People automatically slide into the seat and clothing with zips buttons etc just scratch it so easily. I had artico on my 2 previous cars and it wore fine no issues at all and in each case looked like new at the end of 3yrs. The nappa leather in the e class was the first experience and I was pleased to have it until I started living with it then it became a bit of a nightmare worrying all the time about how easily it was permanently damaged. I would say the artico is a good choice for wearability. The EQC is fantastic so I suspect you will be very happy in an EQS. I am looking forward to test driving an EQE the S is too big for me. I would go for the hyperscreen it kind of fits the whole concept of electric cars.
That's good to know re artico.

I hadn't even heard of an eqe but I'll look I up. Thanks

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom