Eventual CL (W216) V12 purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
just annoying to have money coming in that one cannot use at my time of life.

I can help you with that Malc - it'll be a chore but I'll manage somehow.....;)

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
just annoying to have money coming in that one cannot use at my time of life

Malc,
You are never too old to head to Mexico, sit in a beach side Cabana surrounded by (paid for) young lovelies and enjoying the view...
I suggest that if you don't have a bucket list of your own, we create one for you! Might want to hide the ones Im sending your way from your better half though!

Last edited:
OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Update! Update! Update!

I got a call from the dealership today just to inform me that they have spotted a 58 reg CL 6.3 that has all the conceivable extras that I requested but no distronic. Well, that was a really quick find. The car was spotted at an auction. The distronic is a must option for me because I do a lot of motorway travelling across Europe. Secondly, the CL 6.3 has had an engine transplant back in 2010 by Mercedes and since then the car has only done 24,000 miles. I am a little skeptical of such things such as engine swap because I can't ascertain what may have gone wrong with the previous engine and there is a probability that it may reoccur again. Though, I think it may still have some warranty left on it!

I tried to ask them, but they don't really have the full detail. All they know is that the 6.3's previous engine was changed by Mercedes and that the car runs very well. They wanted to know what I think before proceeding. Well, I don't want a car that has had an engine transplant and secondly, there is no distronic. I don't mind a car with a slight higher mileage but has conserved the original engine from the factory.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Cars in auctions for the best part are cars that the dealers do not want to sell, there is the exception to this depending who has put the car in.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
You're doing the right thing MCBD.

You'll know when the right one comes along - it will feel right.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malc,
You are never too old to head to Mexico, sit in a beach side Cabana surrounded by (paid for) young lovelies and enjoying the view...
I suggest that if you don't have a bucket list of your own, we create one for you! Might want to hide the ones Im sending your way from your better half though!

Life just did not turn out the way I had hoped, Lilian is far to poorly to do much or go places with.

I have a summer house that is out of bounds to lilian ;) do you have the specifications :cool::cool:

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
My late wife's SAAB convertible had an engine transplant within our ownership. The new owner bought a car with 40,000 on the clock and an engine which had covered only 7,000. To say he was delighted was an understatement. I think perhaps my concern with the car you are talking about is that perhaps the old engine was damaged due to being thrashed hence the rest of the car may be damaged?
No distronic? I wouldn't buy it either! A must have!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One can add distronic

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Life just did not turn out the way I had hoped, Lilian is far to poorly to do much or go places with.

I have a summer house that is out of bounds to lilian ;) do you have the specifications :cool::cool:

Malc

I know what it's like to have your lifestyle curtailed, Mrs H's cancer came at just the time that my career took off, two years of ops, chemo and radio meant the holidays and new house she so wanted never happened. She did get the ML though which she loved. I'm in a similar situation to you, no mortgage, stack of cash in the bank and nowhere to spend it...
Fancy going 50/50 on a bar on a beach in Mexico? Maybe even the soggy dollar in Jost Van Dyke, now that's a location!!

Sorry McB for hijacking thread! Hurry up and buy a CL so I can become more envious!!

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malc

I know what it's like to have your lifestyle curtailed, Mrs H's cancer came at just the time that my career took off, two years of ops, chemo and radio meant the holidays and new house she so wanted never happened. She did get the ML though which she loved. I'm in a similar situation to you, no mortgage, stack of cash in the bank and nowhere to spend it...
Fancy going 50/50 on a bar on a beach in Mexico? Maybe even the soggy dollar in Jost Van Dyke, now that's a location!!

Sorry McB for hijacking thread! Hurry up and buy a CL so I can become more envious!!

I will give it some thought ;):D

the director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2015 S 350
Update! Update! Update!

I got a call from the dealership today just to inform me that they have spotted a 58 reg CL 6.3 that has all the conceivable extras that I requested but no distronic. Well, that was a really quick find. The car was spotted at an auction. The distronic is a must option for me because I do a lot of motorway travelling across Europe. Secondly, the CL 6.3 has had an engine transplant back in 2010 by Mercedes and since then the car has only done 24,000 miles. I am a little skeptical of such things such as engine swap because I can't ascertain what may have gone wrong with the previous engine and there is a probability that it may reoccur again. Though, I think it may still have some warranty left on it!

I tried to ask them, but they don't really have the full detail. All they know is that the 6.3's previous engine was changed by Mercedes and that the car runs very well. They wanted to know what I think before proceeding. Well, I don't want a car that has had an engine transplant and secondly, there is no distronic. I don't mind a car with a slight higher mileage but has conserved the original engine from the factory.

Maybe one day you'll actually buy a car rather than just writing about it!:rolleyes:

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Maybe one day you'll actually buy a car rather than just writing about it!:rolleyes:

Lol. A little harsh.

But I would be concerned about the type of arrangement this dealer is putting you under. What if you said to them yeah sounds good and they buy it based on you buying it off them. When you see it you may not like it. Then what? Or they may not charge you a decent price. Best thing is just to look out constantly and when right one comes up you can snap it up! Rather than all your eggs in one basket.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Mcobinad is like me, a man who knows what he wants, and he will hold out till the perfect car comes along, he has a super car already so no panic, again just as I have.

the director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2015 S 350
Mcobinad is like me, a man who knows what he wants, and he will hold out till the perfect car comes along, he has a super car already so no panic, again just as I have.

Actually, I think it maybe the opposite........he doesn't know what he wants!:p

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216

Well, thanks sir for contributing. I will rather choose at this moment to ignore this comment. :)

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the solution and its staring us all in the face. Malc, please sell your CL to Mc... Then you can buy a new CL??
Everyone's a winner...

Next?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the solution and its staring us all in the face. Malc, please sell your CL to Mc... Then you can buy a new CL??
Everyone's a winner...

Next?
I cannot quite stretch to a new one, thats the problem ;)

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Where is the rest of my post??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom