1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experience with Wearside Mercedes-Benz or M-B Darlington

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by Ted Schrecker, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Ted Schrecker

Ted Schrecker New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2003 SL500
    Hello all,

Further to my previous posts about servicing in the North-East, I am wondering whether Forum readers have any experience with Wearside Mercedes-Benz or M-B Darlington. Looking for the best possible care for my recently acquired 2003 SL500. I am actually in Newcastle upon Tyne, but willing to travel to get best possible servicing. All best, TS

2. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    I wouldn't use a main dealer personally.
    On a car 16 years old they will have few if any technicians familiar with your car and the SL is one of those cars where familiarity with the model is important. Labour charges from dealers will also make ownership prohibitively expensive (especially combined with the apparent propensity of some dealerships to 'find' work.

I can't recommend any Indies up there but I'm sure there are members who can.

Blobcat likes this.
  3. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    UnMercs BMW i8 Volvo XC90
    ^ this exactly, I think you had an introduction thread with some Indy suggestions came your way Ted?
    In all honesty MB main dealer will be completely indifferent to your pride and joy unfortunately, they are all about maximum 5 years and younger cars on service plans these days.