Experience with Wearside Mercedes-Benz or M-B Darlington

Ted Schrecker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL500
Hello all,

Further to my previous posts about servicing in the North-East, I am wondering whether Forum readers have any experience with Wearside Mercedes-Benz or M-B Darlington. Looking for the best possible care for my recently acquired 2003 SL500. I am actually in Newcastle upon Tyne, but willing to travel to get best possible servicing. All best, TS

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I wouldn't use a main dealer personally.
On a car 16 years old they will have few if any technicians familiar with your car and the SL is one of those cars where familiarity with the model is important. Labour charges from dealers will also make ownership prohibitively expensive (especially combined with the apparent propensity of some dealerships to 'find' work.

I can't recommend any Indies up there but I'm sure there are members who can.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ this exactly, I think you had an introduction thread with some Indy suggestions came your way Ted?
In all honesty MB main dealer will be completely indifferent to your pride and joy unfortunately, they are all about maximum 5 years and younger cars on service plans these days.

Top Bottom