1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift C350 CDI - Oil Cooler Leaks

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Nick Carpenter, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Nick Carpenter

Nick Carpenter Registered

Your Mercedes:
    W204 2011 c350 ed125
    Hi all , appologies if this has been covered somewhere as I know in general that the oil cooler seal is a widley discussed topic.

my question is , has anybody had any issues with the oil cooler seal leaking on newer models that may or may not have the new seal fitted already.

I have a 80k nov 2011 facelift c350 with the 260hp om642 and today on its MOT my mechanic said that the drip tray was a little damp and there is a small amout of oil leaking from what appears to be the passenger side back of the engine , i recently changed the turbo seals as i had no record of these being replaced so wonder if its from prior to this or if it could be the oil cooler seals.

Nick

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    Welcome to the forum buddy , yes it a well known issue with the om642 engine . I believe and don’t quote me but 2012 was when the new purple oil cooler seals got fitted . Despite this though it is still possible for the oil cooler itself to leak .
    Fingers crossed that it’s an old oil leak , maybe just keep your eye on it after cleaning up what you can .
    If it’s any help my 2009 om642 isn’t leaking yet (or at least wasn’t last week anyway !)

3. Bubble

Bubble Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Coupe / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
    One of my company cars is a September 2012 E350 265bhp and I thought that I would be safe with that month and year, but no, it had the old style oil seals, which leaked.