Facelift C350 CDI - Oil Cooler Leaks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2011 c350 ed125
Hi all , appologies if this has been covered somewhere as I know in general that the oil cooler seal is a widley discussed topic.

my question is , has anybody had any issues with the oil cooler seal leaking on newer models that may or may not have the new seal fitted already.

I have a 80k nov 2011 facelift c350 with the 260hp om642 and today on its MOT my mechanic said that the drip tray was a little damp and there is a small amout of oil leaking from what appears to be the passenger side back of the engine , i recently changed the turbo seals as i had no record of these being replaced so wonder if its from prior to this or if it could be the oil cooler seals.

Nick

Last edited:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi all , appologies if this has been covered somewhere as I know in general that the oil cooler seal is a widley discussed topic.

my question is , has anybody had any issues with the oil cooler seal leaking on newer models that may or may not have the new seal fitted already.

I have a 80k nov 2011 facelift c350 with the 260hp om642 and today on its MOT my mechanic said that the drip tray was a little damp and there is a small amout of oil leaking from what appears to be the passenger side back of the engine , i recently changed the turbo seals as i had no record of these being replaced so wonder if its from prior to this or if it could be the oil cooler seals.

Nick
Welcome to the forum buddy , yes it a well known issue with the om642 engine . I believe and don’t quote me but 2012 was when the new purple oil cooler seals got fitted . Despite this though it is still possible for the oil cooler itself to leak .
Fingers crossed that it’s an old oil leak , maybe just keep your eye on it after cleaning up what you can .
If it’s any help my 2009 om642 isn’t leaking yet (or at least wasn’t last week anyway !)

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
One of my company cars is a September 2012 E350 265bhp and I thought that I would be safe with that month and year, but no, it had the old style oil seals, which leaked.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom