Fault codes W203 C320, glow plug module??

Franz998

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320 CDI Avantgarde
Hey guys, I am so sick and tired of battling the electronics of this car and i am at a loss. The yearly inspection is due tomorrow and i still can't get the damn check engine light fixed... :( :( :(

So the faults are as follows:
OBD testing:
*P0670 Glow Plug Control Module Control Circuit / Open
*P1408 (EGR out of self test range??)

Engine testing:
Engine, 612.962 MT/AT CDI 2
2626 Unknown fault code (O2 also or DPF????)
*2270 Unknown fault code (O2 sensor????)
System:
C1014 ESP/BAS (Electronic Stability Program) MT/AT ESPMK25 (Electronic Stability Program) SPS solenoid valve; electrical fault

C1014 i think is not important,
What i think to be the problem are the codes i coloured red.
The car has drilled thru DPF, and its coded out, also swirl flaps disconnected.

At first i had the glow plugs checked, the mechanic told they were fine, so i swapped out the old glow plug relay that is known to be a troublesome part. Bought one from autodoc, Ridex make, 60 euro. Didnt fix it. The car starts just fine on a cold winter day after standing for 2 days idle.
What i understand that i got something with EGR and something with the ****ing glow plugs still. What does it take to fix and is it bad? I just need the check engine light to not come on during inspection.

I thought that maybe a fuse is blown? Could that be a possibility?

Whoa, a long one but can anyone help me PLEASE i am desperate and I really am praying on you guys' help :(

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Drive to the test centre. Use your code reader to turn the EML off. Give them the keys. Fingers crossed.
If the EML does not light up during the test, it is a PASS.

OP
F

Franz998

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320 CDI Avantgarde
Yup thats what im gonna do in an hour... wish me luck, the light only needs to stay off during the inspection

OP
F

Franz998

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320 CDI Avantgarde
Alright, update. The light stayed off during inspection and I am now good for another year! Atleast I now have time to look at the problems.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Alright, update. The light stayed off during inspection and I am now good for another year! Atleast I now have time to look at the problems.
V happy for you.
Now you have to make a note of what exactly you are doing to the car when the light comes on.

OP
F

Franz998

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C320 CDI Avantgarde
Yes that's right!

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
Glow Plug Control Module Control Circuit Open suggests connection to the ECU is bad.
When the control input is missing, glow modules usually have an emergency glow feature where they would give a nominal glow every time it is powered rather than the correct ECU requested glow.
Check the wiring between glow module and ECU.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom