1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter advice

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by Funkyboy, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Funkyboy

Funkyboy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E250 w212
    Hi All,

Going to service my E250 myself moving forward. GSF car parts currently has good deal on Mann oil and pollen filters. Pollen filter being carbon. Currently can get both for £29. Realise Mann is a decent brand not sure what oem Mercedes use?

Thanks

2. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    I use MB , Mann or Bosch generally , whichever is cheaper . The Mann frecious pollen filters are worth getting over anything MB

Funkyboy and sonic like this.
  3. sonic

sonic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
    I have used Mann filters in the past, no problems.

Funkyboy and Wighty like this.
  4. RhodieBill

RhodieBill Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
    Yep, Mann is good. I actually have been led to believe Mann make some Filters for Mercedes.

Funkyboy likes this.
  5. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Motorway Queen; W251 R320L Familybenz, S211 E320 Avg Designo Edition now sadly missed.
    Mann are an OEM supplier yes. And their frecious cabin filters are superb.

Funkyboy likes this.
  6. Eddie fh

Eddie fh Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    B class 2017 220d
    Change mine for the first time yesterday at work ( I own a parts shop ) pulled it out and was surprised to find a denso cabin filter all stamped up with merc part numbers . Played about with those numbers trying to get another original denso because it had a plastic surround and fitted nicely. Ended up replacing with Bosch that was fairly reinforced after trying a wix and mahle that didn’t sit right but was the correct part .
    I’ll quote retail prices as obviously I don’t pay but I rang merc wanting the denso which they had at £42 which I would have payed if the Bosch didn’t fit nicely, the Bosch was £20 because no stock and there was a delivery charge the wix and marhle were £10 each .
    I’d always thought Mann was original equipment for merc just stamped up with a merc badge so was surprised to see a denso filter on a new car that I’ve owned from new .

Funkyboy likes this.
  7. mioba

mioba Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
    If you go into alot of reputabale indys, of which I know 2, you will see all the filter boxes are Mann (very clear due to the bright yellow and green).

As you are aware at trade prices from places like GSF, these can be more than half the price of MB branded stock.

Funkyboy likes this.