Fire in engine bay 2003 clk 270 cdi

InkMadness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 clk 270 cdi
have a Clk 2003 270 cdi which caught fire. The fire was isolated to the oil cooler area. Does anyone know what could have caused it?? I donot want to replace rubber hoses and cooler for it to happen again. Thankyou for any help

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
A hot vapourising oil spray oil supply would still need a source of ignition more heat from somewhere like turbo area ? Or electrical short near source of vapour.

OP
I

InkMadness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 clk 270 cdi
A hot vapourising oil spray oil supply would still need a source of ignition more heat from somewhere like turbo area ? Or electrical short near source of vapour.
I believe the manifold sits below the ecit point of oil. Your heat theory would explain the oil igniting. Hopefully it was just a simple perished hose. As the fire melted all the evidence I needed a better explanation. Thankyou so much ajlsl600 you have removed all worries about a more serious problem. I will be cruising the streets very soon. Happy Driving Bro and

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Your car might have a block heater under the manifold. Might be the cause??

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom