flush windscreen fluid

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SE / Coupe / 2003 / C 220/CDI/A
Hi everyone!To change windscreen reservoir fluid or not,service center gave a complimentary shot to the reservoir when I had the coupe in,since then there is a caustic smell when jets used? Interest appreciated.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi everyone!To change windscreen reservoir fluid or not,service center gave a complimentary shot to the reservoir when I had the coupe in,since then there is a caustic smell when jets used? Interest appreciated.

If you feel that a change of washer fluid would help just flush the reservoir out with hose pipe until it runs clear ... there'll only be a small amount of 'caustic' fluid from the reservoir to the screen left in the pipework. Run the fluid thoug ha little & then add screen wash of your choice. :)

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you feel that a change of washer fluid would help just flush the reservoir out with hose pipe until it runs clear ... there'll only be a small amount of 'caustic' fluid from the reservoir to the screen left in the pipework. Run the fluid thoug ha little & then add screen wash of your choice. :)

I hear you,its a good screen wash only for the caustic smell,really noticable,better flush as you described.Thanks!

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I hear you,its a good screen wash only for the caustic smell,really noticable,better flush as you described.Thanks!
Anyone recommend a nice screen washer fluid?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Halfords , the purple coloured one in 5L form . Buy the concentrate one and let it down a bit

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
I saw Scotty recommending Rain-x so thought I'd try it. It's pretty pricey at £7.99 for 1l with recommended dosage of between 1:4 and 1:1 depending on frost protection needed, so I mixed up a fairly strong mix in a spray bottle and clean the screen with it once a week and then use cheapy fluid in the washers.

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
The Mercedes one you can apply to a cloth and use it inside to give a clear fog free [even with windows up and fish & chips] screen.
Popular with race drivers here because of this.
I think they make better screen wash than they do cars.

OP
DMK/Happy

DMK/Happy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Going to auto store tomorrow with mentioned list here, see what's available,thank you everyone,interest appreciated.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
The Mercedes one you can apply to a cloth and use it inside to give a clear fog free [even with windows up and fish & chips] screen.
Popular with race drivers here because of this.
I think they make better screen wash than they do cars.
Just putting the aircon on will give you a fog free screen :D

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
Air con in a race car!?

Better to sit in a car and have your fish and chips on a cold day and come to the realisation that the screen hasn't fogged due to some magic potion - you can win money that way.:):)

Top Bottom