Front suspension squeaking on 2017 C Class

Casa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2017 220d
Hi all just back from a driving holiday to Europe where the front driver's side suspension on my 2017 C class started to squeak progressively more and more as we drove and the weather got hotter - so much so that could hear it on roundabouts, over speed bumps etc. Was concerned may be a safety issue so called RAC who sent us to a local garage (who didn't speak much English!) - they took it for a test drive and raised it off the ground to have a look. Said no safety issue as front suspension all looked fine and that it was the rubbers on the suspension. So relieved not a safety issue but annoying sound and as car just out of warranty due to COVID lockdown (couldn't get it serviced until 3 months after warranty expired and they didnt pick it up then). My question is - is this a common problem on 3-4 year old C classes - has anyone experienced similar and if it is just the rubbers that need replacing is it a simple job - how expensive would it be? Any advice gratefully received

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Wear and tear I would say.
MB would replace an entire arm for the want of a rubber.
Have you an Indy with a puller to replace just the offending rubber.

OP
C

Casa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2017 220d
wear and tear for a 3.5 year old car with 23,000 miles - perhaps more time dependent than mileage - to help with getting an indy - what's a puller (forgive my ignorance) and what are the rubber bits called and any idea of rough cost or time to replace both fronts - many thanks

gianton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C250 CDI 4Matic Avantgarde - 2013
wear and tear for a 3.5 year old car with 23,000 miles - perhaps more time dependent than mileage - to help with getting an indy - what's a puller (forgive my ignorance) and what are the rubber bits called and any idea of rough cost or time to replace both fronts - many thanks
If you post your VIN I can check and give you the part numbers.

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Ball joint on the way out, a syringe with a few cc's of ATF will quieten it but a replacement is not far off. Have a look at this, different car same problem, it worked for me.

OP
C

Casa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2017 220d
thank you all for your advice - booked in to be assessed by an MB retailer and then push for a goodwill contribution from MB once know what the problem is and cost - goodwill contribution as occurred just out of warranty on a low mileage car and COVID meant car wasn't driven for months or able to be serviced so this problem occurred out of warranty - let's see - fingers crossed!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom