Fuel Prices

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Put £50 of Diesel in the C on Monday at 114.9ppl at my local Sainsburys, Petrol was the same price.

Drove past Morrisons this morning and Petrol was 114.9 and Diesel was 111.9!!!!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Put £50 of Diesel in the C on Monday at 114.9ppl at my local Sainsburys, Petrol was the same price.

Drove past Morrisons this morning and Petrol was 114.9 and Diesel was 111.9!!!!

Same where I live. Diesel (and petrol) have both fallen to 112.9. I can't help getting a victorious feeling to see diesel at or below petrol. Oh, if only these prices would continue...:rolleyes:

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I wish they'd fall round here, still nothing under 117.9 that I've seen, must look harder, I have noticed petrol and diesel are the same price now though. I will check out Waitrose, they are usually our cheapest.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
£1.129 for diesel here...Belfast.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
£1.12 at Asda. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though !! ;););)

neilto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Estate Sport 2007, 1976 Alfa Spider, 2001 Landcruiser, 2013 BMW M135i, Fiat Ducato Motorhome
Its ¢1.11 where I am at the moment :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

I am not an expert but Supermarket fuel is generally reckoned to be poorer quality than branded fuels. I don't want any problems with the injectors or DPF. Essentially I am a coward !! :):):)

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I am not an expert but Supermarket fuel is generally reckoned to be poorer quality than branded fuels. I don't want any problems with the injectors or DPF. Essentially I am a coward !! :):):)

It's the same stuff, the supermarkets buy it off the oil companies. Diesel is a dirty fuel no matter where you buy it from

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Diesel has been on par or cheaper than petrol at the pumps for roughly 2 weeks, some have taken longer to trickle down the prices.

112.7 at Asda, 2p more at Shell/BP

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
It's thanks mainly to Saudi Arabia building a new refinery designed to produce diesel - it has bought down the wholesale price to about 3p below petrol, so the difference should not be short term. Unfortunately, I suspect the treasury will notice and tax diesel back up above the price of petrol.

WRT supermarket fuel, according to a friend of mine who worked for Shell distribution, the same tankers deliver the same fuel to branded and supermarket stations alike. The difference is the additive blend that is mixed in with the fuel an the station tanks are filled. That said, I've used supermarket fuel for more years than I care to remember without issue. I think they would have too much to lose reputation wise if their fuel was sub-standard and people started proving engine damage as a result of using it.

Cheers,
Bill

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It's thanks mainly to Saudi Arabia building a new refinery designed to produce diesel - it has bought down the wholesale price to about 3p below petrol, so the difference should not be short term. Unfortunately, I suspect the treasury will notice and tax diesel back up above the price of petrol.

WRT supermarket fuel, according to a friend of mine who worked for Shell distribution, the same tankers deliver the same fuel to branded and supermarket stations alike. The difference is the additive blend that is mixed in with the fuel an the station tanks are filled. That said, I've used supermarket fuel for more years than I care to remember without issue. I think they would have too much to lose reputation wise if their fuel was sub-standard and people started proving engine damage as a result of using it.

Cheers,
Bill
Yes that is true what you say and only the additives put in, I use nothing but supermarket petrol, and always have done, as a pensioner every penny counts.

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
110.7 per litre at Morrisons in Carlisle. gonna go and fill up my old truck lol.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
same here at morrisons. asda is still 112.9 but i think they will follow suit soon.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
110.7 per litre at Morrisons in Carlisle. gonna go and fill up my old truck lol.

Just checked and it's the same in Darlington, I've got 1000 miles to cover before Saturday night so I'm up for saving a few quid!

Normally do tesco for the points through the credit clubcard. This all helps improve my pence per mile saving on running my own car for work.

3 weeks and I'll be in France where it's usually sub£1 for diesel (nice to finally see it cheaper here than petrol)

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Just fueled up the C220 this afternoon at Tescos Whitstable - 112.9p/l after their 2p/l price cut at 1pm. However, Clubcard discount of 20p/l! I've used virtually nothing but Tescos fuel in both cars (Moventum 99RON in the 968) for many months due to the clubcard discount, had no problems at all. I've also seen comparative tests of 98/99RO~N fuels, and Moventum came top!!

Once the clubcard discount scheme comes to an end (collect to 31 August, use accumulated discount until 30 September) I'll go back to checking local prices!

Jeeringtowser

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK200/2004/Automatic
Diesel has been on par or cheaper than petrol at the pumps for roughly 2 weeks, some have taken longer to trickle down the prices.

112.7 at Asda, 2p more at Shell/BP

I am always pleased to see a reduction in pump prices!
Frustrating however, I ran diesel cars for 25 years and have only gone back to petrol this year.
Oh well hey-ho, that's' life:p
Chris

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive

Cheers,
Bill

Not only that they would be in trouble with the 'Guvnor' as it has to conform to BS EN 590 for Diseasel and BS EN 228 for Petrol.

I switched to using Tesco Diseasel for a trial period (mainly whilst i can get up to 20ppl off) and i have noticed no difference in fuel economy or performance in the car. I have been using it for a good 4k miles now.

However once the fuel promotion ends i will go back to using either Esso or Shell.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom