Fuel problems 560 SEL - Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron McCubbin

Reaction score
At the present moment I'm still having problems sorting out a 560 SEL.Originally it was ignition/electrical in nature as I wasn't getting a spark,all that has been pretty well sorted.
 Now I don't seem to be getting any fuel to the injectors.I've replaced the fuel filter and had a 'test set'
connected to the fuel distribution unit.I was only getting 40-50 psi,I've now replaced 1 of the fuel pumps and the pres at the distribution unit is between 80-90 psi.Fuel is getting from the tank to the bottom of the unit as it should,BUT,no fuel is getting through the unit to the pipelines that feed the injectors.I removed a couple of the injectors,cranked the engine over,test set read between 80-90 psi on the guage but no fuel coming through the lines.Could this be due to a blockage or the possibility of a broken diapghram inside the unit.
Apparently the fuel injection system used on this model is the Bosch K E jetronic system and not the K system.
 Are there any electrical sensors or solenoids that would disable the system from working?,Is there another fuel filter inside the unit that could be blocked?
 All replies gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom