garryg

G

garryg

Hi all.I'm new to this site but have been impressed with the scope of info available.My problem is with an '01 C220cdi auto.I have oil in my gearbox management unit and the gearbox is locked in emergency mode,only 2nd and reverse gear available.Ihave cleaned the unit of oil but do not know how to unlock the gearbox or how to prevent the problem again.the oil seems to be coming up the wiring loom.Any help would be appreciated.Also,know any trustworthy mechanics in the Bedford area?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You require a new seal for the plug, the ECU can be washed out with lighter fuel.

The ecu needs an indie with STAR that can re set it all

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
As Malcolm says, the seal around the electrical connector on the gearbox needs replacing. Very common failure and often replaced as part of a gearbox oil change by the dealer. So I wonder whether the gearbox oil has been changed?
The ECU can be cleaned - no needs for replacement as some garages would have you believe.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom