Got a bargain I think!

discover

Reaction score
I'm all smiles, just picked up a 2002 (02) W203 C270 CDI Elegance SE estate 6-speed manual, 149,000 miles. Full history (not MB though), gold colour, 4 new Pirelli P6000 tyres, new discs and pads, built in sat nav/TV, black leather.

I've been pestering the owner for years for this car and now managed to get it for just £3000 on account of 2 CDI injectors need the seat recutting.

Especially wanted a manual box with this engine, also in love with the quality. OK, a small bit of rust on the o/s/r wheelarch lip and needs a good clean and polish plus a new side repeater in the mirror and Mercedes badge on the boot.

In my capacity as a professional technician at an independent garage (not MB) shouldn't be any drama.

Is this the best value or cheapest W203, especially diesel or German built estate? I'm certainly bowled over.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum Discover,,pleased that you love your new toy :D:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You will have to convert the TV to digital

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
270cdi is probably the pic of the engines. If I were buying (again) I'd be tempted to go for a 270cdi. Very frugal and pretty good turn of speed and at that price a steal, even with manual and some rust.

OP
D

discover

Reaction score
Pictures to follow when I get it all sorted and cleaned up! In the middle of sorting the injectors now, just hard to get the time when busy at work.

Ordered the badge and repeater etc now as well. Television, I had already realised the TV would be useless when the analogue is turned off (in 2012 here I think) but what can you do to convert to digital? Maybe I'll post a thread in the proper forum as I also need to know how to get that massive radio out to do my handsfree wiring. These cars are not exactly mecano, the total opposite of my LDV Convoy van!! :D

Forgot to say as well, car even came with 3/4 tank of diesel! Can't be bad.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom