handbrake sticking

ashlan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class coupe 2003 1.8 kompressor
I have 2003 c class coupe. I have to yank a lot on the lever to release handbrake . Any tips on curing this please ?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Spray the workings under the steering wheel area with a penetrating spray. Nip up rear shoes. Push the pedal down futher are 3 go well together cures.

OP
A

ashlan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Spray the workings under the steering wheel area with a penetrating spray. Nip up rear shoes. Push the pedal down futher are 3 go well together cures.
OK ,thanks , i'll give that a try .

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I don't know why but the 203 and 209 cars seem to be prone to this. Never ever had a sticking handbrake issue until l purchased my 209 in January. The handbrake has been difficult to release on 2 or 3 occasions, in cold weather particularly.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Op. Given your car is a 2003. Its also possible the springs that hold the shoes have rotted away . Its maybe time for an inspection... if the shoes themselves are sticking ...

OP
A

ashlan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Op. Given your car is a 2003. Its also possible the springs that hold the shoes have rotted away . Its maybe time for an inspection... if the shoes themselves are sticking ...
Yes ,sounds like a possibility , thanks.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom