Has anyone used 'This is your garage', Book by the hour?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Torque settings on nice clean new bolts v rusty bashed ones seized on.

Torque settings on copper slipped ones adjusted.

The reality is for many years mechanics have used copper slip and if checked regularly I know which ones I want to find at the side of the road.

If my car never went out in the rain and salted roads I would think differently.

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 Estate 2011, 2009 SLK 200
Torque settings on nice clean new bolts v rusty bashed ones seized on.

Torque settings on copper slipped ones adjusted.

The reality is for many years mechanics have used copper slip and if checked regularly I know which ones I want to find at the side of the road.

If my car never went out in the rain and salted roads I would think differently.

And that is relevant to this post because???

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
and 7&8

Still it doesn't need another outing.

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And yet people keep looking at it and replying. Strange.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There was a Rent A Bay (I think that's what it was called) in Camden Town when I worked there many years ago - when it was a very new idea. The guy who ran an all-makes garage round the corner told me he couldn't cope with all the extra work he was getting - mainly from blokes who couldn't finish their jobs in their allotted time and those who screwed something up because they didn't know what they were doing to do it properly!

I suppose there's a moral in there... :)

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There was a Rent A Bay (I think that's what it was called) in Camden Town when I worked there many years ago - when it was a very new idea. The guy who ran an all-makes garage round the corner told me he couldn't cope with all the extra work he was getting - mainly from blokes who couldn't finish their jobs in their allotted time and those who screwed something up because they didn't know what they were doing to do it properly!

I suppose there's a moral in there... :)
Yes I was a member of a local motor club on an RAF Base, which has now closed. There wasn't any allotted time, you turned up and if a ramp was free it was yours for as long as needed, but you were not expected to leave a car on there over night. The great thing there was that there was always someone willing to help and advise. a bit like here. The building was needed for something else so the club was closed after at least running for 20 years.

Top Bottom