I have a disease!

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I thought perhaps I was cured, but alas no…
6-B5-D257-D-9-DA6-4-A5-A-8-FC7-6-D78-E7-E57-E8-D.jpg

I appear to have bought an SLK55 that I have owned once before. I sold it a few years back to a very dear friend. She’s reached a point where it needs to go, and I’d always asked for first dibs. Oh well…..!

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Looks in very good order UB!
It’s a nice car. Box stock apart from KW v3 suspension. I fitted the set during my last tenure. In my opinion the best modification you can do after an LSD. AMG’s of this era tended to be over sprung with very hard springs. The rebound damping could not cope, and the cars liked to jump about all over the place down a bumpy B road. The KW set resolves this in a most impressive fashion.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
It’s a nice car. Box stock apart from KW v3 suspension. I fitted the set during my last tenure. In my opinion the best modification you can do after an LSD. AMG’s of this era tended to be over sprung with very hard springs. The rebound damping could not cope, and the cars liked to jump about all over the place down a bumpy B road. The KW set resolves this in a most impressive fashion.
Sounds interesting! We found the 'screwed down' ride of our CLK55 was its 'worst' feature (though we managed to live with that for 3 years...).

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I thought perhaps I was cured, but alas no…

I appear to have bought an SLK55 that I have owned once before. I sold it a few years back to a very dear friend. She’s reached a point where it needs to go, and I’d always asked for first dibs. Oh well…..!

Very nice!! Its funny, I just bought back my old CL55 but it does not look anything like when I sold it :(

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Very nice!! Its funny, I just bought back my old CL55 but it does not look anything like when I sold it :(
That's what happens when an unbeliever gets their hands on it...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Did it get a new engine or has it been abused even more now?
New engine, then left to sit after a little accident. I will be doing a long video on it, introducing it and then we will do a series on getting it back to its former glory (spoiler, there is lots of work involved)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom