iCarsoft MB V2 - Error codes help.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
One of these annoying problems then... Well, I guess if it doesn’t affect the way the car runs apart from the ESP being constantly off when this error shows it’s face then it’s kinda liveable for the meantime. I don’t fancy taking the steering wheel off myself. Probably get an Indy to look it over when convenient.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
Any other suggestions in the meantime I could try would be much appreciated. I had seen a video where turning the steering wheel from lock to lock with the engine on stationary can re-set / re-calibrate the sensor?... I don’t really use the car that often (once a week on the weekend usually)... So i’ll try this next.

The B service is due in 16 days and MB themselves quoted around £220 for the service while the indy was around £450. So I could ask them? or would they take the opportunity to take advantage..... Not sure yet. See how it goes.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
look at live data of the ABS sensors (when moving) if possible and the steering angle reading, at straight ahead it should be zero (or very close) and move with the wheel...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Steering angle sensor resets should only be required if it's been disconnected or had a flat battery. You shouldn't need to do it all the time.
Botus is correct - look at the live data to get some more knowledge about what's going on.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
Steering angle sensor resets should only be required if it's been disconnected or had a flat battery. You shouldn't need to do it all the time.
Botus is correct - look at the live data to get some more knowledge about what's going on.

I did replace the battery with a new Mercedes one. I used a memory saver as well.

The old battery was definitely on its way out. It would struggle to start after a week, there where loads of voltage related codes, after a long drive the battery would show around 11.8v which is low considering a long journey it should be in the 12.5v area etc... So maybe this battery triggered all this ESP hiccups.

But yeah I will try and get this live data info this weekend and post the data on here.

much appreciated for all the help as always.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
Re - The live data. Does the car have to be moving? or would stationary suffice? I can arrange for a passenger to do this while moving though or let this person drive while I do the live data etc..

Would be simpler if stationary. But I can see why this moving data would be more informative.

I believe the scan tool can screen record to be played back on a PC as well i’ll have to look into this feature.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
you could jack up the wheels and spin, but its hard work and you'll see all 4 at the same time if you drive, steering angle can be done stationary engine off

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Has to be moving to capture any useful info from the ABS sensors. You're looking for all 4 to be showing the same speed.
Similarly the steering angle sensor readings should be 'consistent' i.e. not suddenly going to zero or sudden swings between positive or negative values.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
without wishing to worry you.... this sort of fault (ESP) alongside ABS should be rectified at the earliest opportunity regardless of cost if you wish to use the vehicle on a public road

any safety system that doesn't function normally (and you know about it.... which in the event of a severe crash so will the insurer and the police) could impact your freedom, driving license, insurance and of course other's safety

I believe the first prosecution for faulty ABS brakes was at the old lights on the A40 near Ruislip, a Ford Granada with broken ABS went through the junction..... traffic cams caught the smoke and the big black marks and he went to prison... that would be circa 1990 and they got very nasty since, (and quite wrongly) rewrote the law of death by dangerous driving away from knowingly causing, to we use all day long for absolutely anything

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom