1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iCarsoft MBii Software & Review

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by NBurns, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NBurns

NBurns Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 CDI Classic SE/2005/S203.208/OM646.963
    While I value some of the basics of what my iCarsoft diagnostics tells me, especially regarding error codes, etc, I do have some unfortunate frustrations with the kit.
    It is great for telling one what is going wrong or right before you start the car, the battery voltage test on the front screen has been highly useful recently. The diagnostics has also been extremely useful in showing up any glitches or major failures. Especially as I now know I have intermittent faults with either three glow plugs, their wiring loom or both.
    Where the kit frustrates me is when there are values I know nothing about and as an engineer I am used to seeing a range given as well as the value. Plus, on some values given there is no indication as to what it is measuring, I.e pressure, temperature, wind speed through a sensor, etc, and therefore I cannot determine whether what I am seeing is good or bad. I must admit that I have been meaning to feed this back to iCarsoft however my last email to them seemed to fall on deaf ears. If anyone has an email address they 'Do' read, please do reply with it.
    I'm also, as a more modern engineer, finding the software somewhat clunky and that I cannot watch say two data items at the same time. I.e. Battery voltage while also looking to see why the car will not start.
    Saying all this though, it Was money well invested last year and is better than being completely in the blind about what is going on. It does give some really useful data and shows one where to look for possible solutions to car problems. I will be keeping hold of mine but only until I can justify getting the next best. Having already discussed options with another well respected forum member.
    The 'Carly' system or the iCarsoft equivalent will be my next move forward. Then my iCarsoft will be up for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sonic, om613 and Jim2 like this.
  2. W245207

W245207 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W245 B180 CDi 2005
    What you pay is what you get. Many things I don't like about it but I can't justify for an Autel or Xentry. Like any diagnostic tool, an experienced professional will get the most out from iCarsoft than a novice.

In data section of Engine control unit, there are various sections to help you with diagnostic. 'Unable to start', it will list only those parameters are relevant for example engine rpm, battery voltage etc.

NBurns likes this.
  3. OP
    NBurns

NBurns Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Is this a new development or have I just not seen it before?........
    https://www.icarsoft.eu/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe

5. OP
    NBurns

NBurns Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    The whole website with new dongles included LostKiwi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    The dongles are pretty pricey given they don't come with software.