Indy from now on !!!

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
She doesn’t do enough miles to warrant a service plan, and the car is 7 years old.

You can also negotiate a bespoke time limited plan, I got a deal from MB Stratstone in Leeds for a two Year Service Plan to include an all inclusive A and B Service and an ATF change for £864 one off payment or £72 x 12 months direct debit! Their initial offer was £1,235.28. Don't be put off by their initial high prices, see them as bigger opportunities for negotiation.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I always thought it was an absolute must to have free coffee on hand Alex ;)

And a defibrillator for when he announces the cost of the repair :D:D:D

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible

Why, a Mercedes service plan would still have cost me a third more than doing the same jobs at my local independent. The one time I have also needed to get an issue fixed, the indie fitted it in that day for me as I had the relationship. I had checked with the main dealer and they couldn't do it for 3 weeks and at 3 times the cost.

With an indie I get to converse with the people actually doing the the work, discussing other areas of concern or things they have spotted and think are important to share information about. You get pretty much zip of this from the service manager which would be second hand info and certainly don't get to speak to the technicians, who will have only been following a script anyway.

Main dealers ambitions are to get you into the dealership to tempt you into looking at new models to try to upsell. Personally I'd rather converse about what I have now.

Last edited:
OP
vtaylor78

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
That’s a Very important point , getting to speak to the mechanics doing the work.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
This maybe helpful, the dealers wanted circa £840 for the service -

https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/...ealer-cheaper-than-indie.171342/#post-1658102

Very few main dealers entertain customers supplying their own parts. You were fortunate to find one that was.

There was a recent thread on one of the forums where the majority responded they were refused when they asked. I know my local one won't entertain it. They are busy enough not to need to eat into their revenues.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Once I went to get a diagnostic engine check cost me £85 the guy at the desk asked what the problem was so I explained then this other guy came and asked me to explain what was wrong then a ****** technician came and asked me to explain I thought don you people actually talk to each other. I said **** this get the mechanic out and I'll tell him the crack. I was told our mechanics dont speak to the general public. Cheeky *****

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Once I went to get a diagnostic engine check cost me £85 the guy at the desk asked what the problem was so I explained then this other guy came and asked me to explain what was wrong then a ****** technician came and asked me to explain I thought don you people actually talk to each other. I said **** this get the mechanic out and I'll tell him the crack. I was told our mechanics dont speak to the general public. Cheeky *****
That's a lot of **************'s buddy :D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
That’s a Very important point , getting to speak to the mechanics doing the work.
Yes, it was good to talk to @Cole@MBS about the work when I went to collect my car and, on one occasion, I even got to stand under the ramp beforehand and look at the problem. I’m now locked into a two year service plan on my new car which I got for free because of their mistakes on handover but I know where I’m going after that.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yes, it was good to talk to @Cole@MBS about the work when I went to collect my car and, on one occasion, I even got to stand under the ramp beforehand and look at the problem. I’m now locked into a two year service plan on my new car which I got for free because of their mistakes on handover but I know where I’m going after that.
Where ? :rolleyes:

OP
vtaylor78

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Update.

Found a good Indy through recommendation.
£300 cheaper than Mercedes Northampton, no brainier.
They even offer collection and delivery service if required.
As I mentioned on another thread if there was £100 in it I would go Main dealer, but not £300.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom