Insurance Question

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
With car insurance does anyone know of a firm that will allow you to pay a larger first payment or half of the policy upfront followed by a lower DD?

stuartmac

Reaction score
Hi,

If you use one of the comparison sites - e.g. www.moneysupermarket.com - iirc, there's a column showing if a particular company offers credit terms.

Only trouble with doing it that way is a) the companies offering the best quotes don't offer credit (obvious, really ;) ); b) where credit is available, the terms are pants.

Fwiw, the approach I use is to apply for a low-interest credit card (0% if you can get it) - look on, say, www.moneysavingexpert.com for this; pay the whole amount of your chosen insurance with that card (so it doesn't matter whether the insurance company offer credit or not); then set up a standing order or direct debit to pay the card off in 12 monthly instalments. Simples (sorry).

Hth.

Regards,

OP
C

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
Yeah thats what I just decided to do after speaking to my ccard company ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom