intermittent loss of power :(

00supersprinter311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311 cdi LWB 2000 'X'
A bit new to here so please bear with me if i seem ignorant.

3 days ago i purchased a Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB X reg its the mark 2.
best sprinter in the county for sale. full mudie bond history 1 owner blah blah blah.
but sometimes when im driving along it the turbo seems to fail? its just not there, the van will still rev up to 4200ish but there no print its a pathetic potter. but then if i turn off the engine this seems to reset the problem and it will take off like an exocet missile. 1 did a 300 mile journey yesterday and for the first 200 miles no problems, mixture of motorway and a roads and bit of town then on the return leg i stopped at some lights, went to pull away hoping to dust the transit sat on my bumper instead i got lack of turbo again.

the thing is there are no warning lights on when it happens?

please can anyone help as if i can find out what it is the garage where i had it from are going to pay half the costs (not bad considering it didnt have a warranty i think)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It could be the MAF, you could unplug it and try it, some go well without it, some do not,,,the other common thing is a split charger pipe

dazzler123

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 413 sprinter
Hi, try your clutch pedal switch. It may be sticking. I had same troubles and it turned out to be a cheap fix.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom