Is white a show off colour on a car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Strange that white became more popular on the R231. I suppose different cars look better in different colours.
Silver dropped right off as well.

I think it’s because so many basic cars and vans had switched from white to silver in the 2000’s that white became premium again and silver common. Fashion it’s a funny thing o_O

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Silver dropped right off as well.

I think it’s because so many basic cars and vans had switched from white to silver in the 2000’s that white became premium again and silver common. Fashion it’s a funny thing o_O
Fashion, seems to go in cycles except those Kipper Ties.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
You can to a certain extent if you are prepared to wait for the right one to show it's face. It took me six months to find my colour combination in the right car. I am now looking for an SLC in the same colour and trim. So far in 2/3 months of looking there has been a Diesel SLC in that colour but I am prepared to wait for a Petrol whether it be a SLC200 or SLC300 :)
At last the right SLC200 has shown up, however it is far, far too expensive for that car plus I would be going back a year which I didn't want to do, rather go forward a year. Shame really as it is not far from here. Never mind keep searching :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
At last the right SLC200 has shown up, however it is far, far too expensive for that car plus I would be going back a year which I didn't want to do, rather go forward a year. Shame really as it is not far from here. Never mind keep searching :rolleyes:

Try the below instead…;):cool: (You’re an awfully long time dead…)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Try the below instead…;):cool: (You’re an awfully long time dead…)

That is beautiful, I saw one of those in Norwich yesterday being driven into the Riverside retail park by a young female. I would not be able to get Management approval for that though, it would scare her to death !! :eek:

Nicklas_Hidegard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220 Vclass
That is beautiful, I saw one of those in Norwich yesterday being driven into the Riverside retail park by a young female. I would not be able to get Management approval for that though, it would scare her to death !! :eek:
Car like that somehow makes young females look more attractive

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Debadge it… ;) management systems are over rated… push the safety systems and lack of depreciation

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Car like that somehow makes young females look more attractive

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

…don’t forget, in the end in bed will be only you and her, no room for car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Mine some kind of metallic white I quite like it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
…don’t forget, in the end in bed will be only you and her, no room for car

You’ve got that the wrong way round, both will argue, moan, and cost you money, but in the end the car will cost far less!

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
You’ve got that the wrong way round, both will argue, moan, and cost you money, but in the end the car will cost far less!

…you’re right

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
As I previously mentioned. A wealthy friend of the family always said"

“If it flies, floats or f$%ks, rent it!"

Last edited:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Don't buy it!! Some time ago. I had the a/craft, boat and the last. Never any free time, always fiddling with somat!!!!!!

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Two happiest days of boat ownership... you guessed it, the first and the day you sell it.

Always a long long to-do list of very expensive stuff, and it never stops. OK if you have a lot of time on your hands and want a practical hobby fixing stuff and enjoying the boat.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Two happiest days of boat ownership... you guessed it, the first and the day you sell it.

Always a long long to-do list of very expensive stuff, and it never stops. OK if you have a lot of time on your hands and want a practical hobby fixing stuff and enjoying the boat.
I had been wanting a Boat as we live on the Riverside in Norwich but encountering opposition from the Management. After reading the posts on this and from what other people have said I have come to the conclusion it’s a NO. Never mind, that’s another dream dispelled :rolleyes:

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I had been wanting a Boat as we live on the Riverside in Norwich but encountering opposition from the Management. After reading the posts on this and from what other people have said I have come to the conclusion it’s a NO. Never mind, that’s another dream dispelled :rolleyes:
Buying things like boats are a novelty in the beginning and then they become a guilty concience. Unless you are really into doing that particular activity and use the (boat) regularly, it becomes an expensive indulgence.

We purchased an offroad caravan (fully self-contained) in Australia that cost me about AU$80k at the time. We had a fantastic time when we used it but slowly the novelty wore off and it sat in my garden making me feel guilty. When I sold it, I worked out what it had cost me more /night than staying in a top hotel would have however we had some fantastic times in the Australian Outback & Bush.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's also less than a "bag 'o sand" more than the one you posted and is newer... :cool:
V6 is much more refined for the management than a 4 banger screaming it's head off

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Back in 1989 I had a brand new BMW520 in white (not my choice). I kept getting asked if I did weddings!

Top Bottom