Just bought a CLK 270 CDi Auto Elegance!!!!

Kully

Reaction score
Woo hoo - I am picking up my CLK Coupe this saturday (so excited:D). Its gorgeous black with a cream interior!!! Never driven an automatic before so a tad nervous! Could someone give me some advice on how much a few things will cost me pls... road tax, service, mot? I have read lost of reviews about the car being economical and one of the good mercs so I am really looking forward to having my very own in a few days time!!!!! :eek:

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
Welcome.

Service costs vary depending on where you go and the age/mileage/history of the car.. MOT is standard but some MB dealers will do it for free as part of an expensive service! Road tax about £200 for 12 months ( http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/ )

Happy motoring :)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Very Very good car with lots of fun on your way. Black with cream leather is very nice combination. If you want to keep the Merc service and history then you have to pay up but if you are looking to keep the car for longer then you can easily pay your local Indie mechanic for half the price for service and labour costs

All in all you will love the auto and the drive will be very comfortable. I had my CLK 230K for nearly a year now, I am loving it. I had a GOLF GTI MK2 16V prior to this and do miss the fun i had in that car but i still love the comfort and pleasure of the CLK.

Good luck and welcome to forum, you will find it very helpful with anything you need to know

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Welcome, how old is the car. Check the model of radiator, if its a valeo one have it changed for a Behr one. The valeo ones can, and do frequently at great expense, leak coolant into the gearbox causing massive damage. The other way round this is to keep the valeo one and fit a separate air cooled oil filter.

The 270cdi is a decent engine and apart from the rad problem its a solid car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum with your nice CLK, the coupes are nice

jackwall5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 Cdi Automatic
Welcome Kully to the side of the fence who think automatic is the true driving experience, [only being a little provocative there eh? I can hear the grumbles already from the other side of the fence]

I'm surprised you didn't the answers to road tax and the like prior to purchasing .... but I do know how the excitement can get the better of oneself!

Is it new, or used? If used, do make sure your battery is in good order and ask for any and all codes that may be available. [Example radio].

Safe Driving

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
Woo hoo - I am picking up my CLK Coupe this saturday (so excited:D). Its gorgeous black with a cream interior!!! Never driven an automatic before so a tad nervous! Could someone give me some advice on how much a few things will cost me pls... road tax, service, mot? I have read lost of reviews about the car being economical and one of the good mercs so I am really looking forward to having my very own in a few days time!!!!! :eek:
Hi Kully: 3 tips for 1st drive in an auto.
1. Tuck your left foot up underneath (cross ways) to the seat for the first few miles of every trip 'till you're used to it.
2. When you come to a junction or other stop say out loud. 'it will not stall', and think what you're saying as the temptation for the driver is to slam the clutch in and that will put any passengers into the windscreen as you will catch the edge of the brake pedal.
3. Think carefully about moving the auto lever at the start of every maneuver. I've had an auto and a manual car simultaneously now for years and I can switch easily between; but I can't always get the shift right if I'm distracted by something... Oh dear everyone says, but I hope I'm telling it as it is.
Lastly enjoy the 270. It's rattly when cold and the ECU deliberately takes acceleration levels down for a mile or so on a cold morning but after that.... away you go. The auto box will self learn your style but this may take it a week or two. Sport or Comfort mode is a matter of opinion....I very much prefer sport mode on my 270 CDi Avantgarde.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
Welcome Kully
The clk is a great car with a quality interior. You will find it very comfortable.
Autos are great and the Mercedes auto is the very best.
Enjoy.

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k

Nice one Kully...you jammy git :), I am sure you will enjoy it.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Nice choice and a great engine. Mine was a bit growly for the first 50k but has improved with age and purs now. Still a tractor when cold but that only lasts around 1 min on a cold morning. Even idle is really smooth. It also has the benefit of being at the max Co level of it's roadtax band so escapes the higher rate. (I pay less than my friends smaller, lighter, slower PT Cruiser!).
I never tire of the the feeling when you gently squeeze the throttle, not even enough for kick down, and the speedo needle tears up the clock with the guy on your bumper becoming a spec. Nothing like it (this side of a 320cdi anyway).
Auto wise, you'll never look back. Can't understand anyone buying manual deliberately. Even the Mrs, who wouldn't be swayed, now regrets her choice and wants an auto next time.

P

PanzerMcGrory

Once you have driven the merc auto you will never go back to a manual though being right handed i have always wished we had left hand drive cars in this country as it is even better driving the auto in a left hand drive merc, pity im not left handed.
Don

jackwall5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 Cdi Automatic
as it is even better driving the auto in a left hand drive merc ...PanzerMcGrory

... a bit of an aside here ... but your note made me think ...

I've not had any back pain since I bought my car. Previous car was a Ford Focus and all in all, it was a fairly comfortable car ... there is even an argument that the difference in comfort between the high end Ford focus and my C220 may not be all that much ....

But, I have a lefty now and perhaps thats part of the reason why I never seem to have any shoulder ache anymore .. touch wood!

Hopefully Kully, you'll enjoy the comfort of the C270

Safe Driving

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

HELLO everyone!!

Thank you all for your great comments and superb advice - perfect!!! The 270is an 04 reg with 45,000 on the clock - it's just perfect and I know I should have asked all the right questions regarding costs upon purchasing it... but I was in awe of it... it was like my first love all over again!!!!!!

I feel honoured that I am now a member of this forum too! You'll all get sick of me! :p

Ok, so one more sleep left until I get it - once I've put my personalised reg on it I'll post a picture so you can all see what I mean about how stunning it is!

This place is better than facebook! ha ha!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

K
ps I'll post an update with regards to my driving experiences....

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Well I got my car yesterday and I luuurrve it!! Its going to take a bit of getting used to with it being an auto but I think I'll manage :) Everything seems effortless! I'll be taking it for a proper drive tmrw so lets see how I get on over the next week. Shame the weather is going to be so cold - mind you I have heated seats so it won't be that bad - hey.....

jackwall5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220 Cdi Automatic
I think that no matter what the weather is outside [within reason], your 'grin factor' will be off the scale in that car.

Safe Driving

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well I got my car yesterday and I luuurrve it!! Its going to take a bit of getting used to with it being an auto but I think I'll manage :) Everything seems effortless! I'll be taking it for a proper drive tmrw so lets see how I get on over the next week. Shame the weather is going to be so cold - mind you I have heated seats so it won't be that bad - hey.....

A lot of car isnt it :D nothing like that first few day when you need any excuse to go out in it

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
6 days and still loving it!!!

Well - I must say its an awesome effortless drive! The only thing I'm nervous about is people denting my doors when I park up so I'm very carful where I park - I caught a group of three men peering into it and then walking around it to see what model it was yesterday - I saw them and they smiled back with their thumbs up!!! Ha Ha :D

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
3 years, 2 months in and despite having to endure 2 50 mile busy motorway trips each day, there is a part of me that still looks forward to them. I don't think that merc grin ever really goes away. If you feel it waning - just look over to the mondeo driver in the next lane... :)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom