c240 elegance estate/2000/2.6cc
Malcolm, just checking have you received my key. eddie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Malcolm, just checking have you received my key. eddie

Yes its here and does look to be in good condition, If I have the courage to go into the workshop I will check it out, Like you other one it is a 3 button key in a 2 button case.

barbeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes its here and does look to be in goodttont condition, If I have the courage to go into the workshop I will check it out, Like you other one it is a 3 button key in a 2 button case.
Yes I noticed it was a 3 button one, what is the third button for ? also that key seemed to drain its battery quite quickly, I assumed it was due to the broken case and maybe a bit of damp getting into it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I noticed it was a 3 button one, what is the third button for ? also that key seemed to drain its battery quite quickly, I assumed it was due to the broken case and maybe a bit of damp getting into it.

The third button is for the boot or rear door where fitted, at this stage I can check on battery drain.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello Malcolm. Just want to know if you have received my key ?

Yes I have it and will do it later in the day, the case is scrap and I will give you one a little better, it really needs a new case, you can buy them on Ebay later on and easy to fit.

barbeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I have it and will do it later in the day, the case is scrap and I will give you one a little better, it really needs a new case, you can buy them on Ebay later on and easy to fit.

hi Malcolm, I assume you will be sorting mine out at the same time, but a quick question for the future, how do you remove the circuit board from the case in order to fit a new case, it looks like you have to slide something thin down the side of the white section in order to unhook its clip, but im not to sure, hence the butchering of the case from the key you have.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi Malcolm, I assume you will be sorting mine out at the same time, but a quick question for the future, how do you remove the circuit board from the case in order to fit a new case, it looks like you have to slide something thin down the side of the white section in order to unhook its clip, but im not to sure, hence the butchering of the case from the key you have.

I use an old table knife with the end 2mm bent to 30° push it in and slide it along to release the catch on the white strip and it all slides out.

The knife must not be inserted too far or it will take the pins off the first chip.

Aleem

Reaction score

Eddie, I searched on YouTube to remove PCB from the casing. It's easy and simple. Just type in search box 'how to open Mercedes key fob' or similar wording and it will show many clips to remove pcb. Hope you will find it easy.

Aleem

Reaction score

Cheers Malcolm, your help is much appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not such good news on this one so far, I have done the locking one OK, but for the unlocking one the PCB is badly damaged from contamination from the very badly spit case, I will give it a little more time later.

barbeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not such good news on this one so far, I have done the locking one OK, but for the unlocking one the PCB is badly damaged from contamination from the very badly spit case, I will give it a little more time later.

who's one is that Malcolm ?

barbeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow, that's good, is mine okay then.
Y
just read this back, sounds very selfish and un careing. very sorry to the key owner, and hope Malcolm can sort it for you.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The problem with a key that has a very broken case, moisture and dirt gets in, the PCB's are dual sided coupled by through plated holes, and these can go open circuit, it is a pig of a job testing these holes, the are about 70 of them, I will give this one a little more time.

As I have said the locking now works OK, but the key may only have a limited life time.

If you key fob case is badly split, then get a new case from Ebay

Aleem

Reaction score
The problem with a key that has a very broken case, moisture and dirt gets in, the PCB's are dual sided coupled by through plated holes, and these can go open circuit, it is a pig of a job testing these holes, the are about 70 of them, I will give this one a little more time.

As I have said the locking now works OK, but the key may only have a limited life time.

If you key fob case is badly split, then get a new case from Ebay

Yes you are right. I will order the casing today and will transfer PCB as i get the key back. Thanks for your efforts and time.

Aleem

Reaction score
Y
just read this back, sounds very selfish and un careing. very sorry to the key owner, and hope Malcolm can sort it for you.

Eddie not to worry buddy. good to know your problem is almost over and you will be on the road soon. Did you see the clips on youtube about removing PCB from the key case ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes you are right. I will order the casing today and will transfer PCB as i get the key back. Thanks for your efforts and time.

I was going to give you a reasonable case with just a tiny split, if I can fix the unlocking, you should hold on a while

Top Bottom