Lack of high speed power

forhad1212

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2013
I had my engine management light on , took it to a local garage and they couldn't find the issue , said they will have to look into my DPF filter . I took it to halfords for a DPF cleaning and they couldn't complete regen saying it is too much clogged up and DPF needs replacing. Called a mobile DPF cleaning mechanic , he confirmed DPF filters is fine ash is 0 , soot 6g. He didn't do the cleaning saying it will not work. ( I had my DPF differential pressure sensor changes few months back). Mobile mechanic said exhaust back pressure sensor reading is too high - 15.49 PSI and fill level is 49% when idle. and Exhaust back pressure sensor is responsible and needs changing. Can someone please have a look into the data and advise me. Not sure who to trust. Forgot to mention "Halfords reset my fault code even though they couldn't fix the issue)

Attachments

• DPF.jpg
    DPF.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
F

forhad1212

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2013
Correction : Lack of high speed power .

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
15 psi is too high at idle but how are we to know if its the sensor, blocked hose or any other combination from only a picture of the live data?

It needs driving around whilst logging the data to see if the values are realistic VS the DPF differential pressure sensor.

OP
F

forhad1212

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2013
15 psi is too high at idle but how are we to know if its the sensor, blocked hose or any other combination from only a picture of the live data?

It needs driving around whilst logging the data to see if the values are realistic VS the DPF differential pressure sensor.
Thank you , my biggest concern if the DPF filter needs replacing as advised by Halfords , I will take it to a garage for proper diagnostics.Halfords said my dpf is too much clogged and definitely needs replacing and called me today with the quote.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fairly low mileage for needing one. We often have good results cleaning them manually, but I suspect with a clean yours will be fine!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Also, find a good indy and stop with Halfords, all they will do is waste your time. A good merc garage will sort it all in one go without back and forth.

Top Bottom