Losing power

steviescooby

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just let you all no im new to this site and thought (hope) i can get some help off you guys. OK i have a 51 plate 308 sprinter 2.2 turbo, ive had her for nearly 2 years and she has been great apart from today, im loosing power through the gears slighty, i notice it more on top end as before i could manage about 85mph top speed now it will not go past 70mph, the needle just sits an 70 mph and it will not go any faster as if something is stoping it, ive just changed the fuel filter as i was told that may affect its performance, it seems like it will not go over 3250rpm. Hope one of you guys can point me in the right direction.

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
Welcome to the forum. - Sounds like the revs are being limited because the engine management system has detected a fault. If you know someone with a code reader, get the codes read, otherwise it's guesswork.

Chris.

OP
S

steviescooby

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a snap on code reader, we had a few codes come up, somthing like rev code and brake sensor code not sure about the others, but we deleted the codes and everyhting seemed fine until now, as it is happening again where im losing power, will not go over 3200 rpm or 70mph, so i think i need to get this code reader back in and find out if i have any more codes come up, fingers crossed, cheers for the replies guys :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Unplug the Maf and try it, idle may a little rough but try it unpluged for the top end

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
Try the air filter, could be blocking up. Take it out, take for a run and see if you have regained your original speed/power. If not just stick it back in again, if you have then buy a new filter. Black smoke can be an indication of a poorly performing filter.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom