M25 SPECS cameras

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Well, passed those SPECS-lookalike cameras again this afternoon, only this time at a more moderate speed. M25 regulars will know 3 sets of them between J28 and J27 anticlockwise.

As I said, no NIP has appeared after 4 weeks, so I presume these ones aren't functioning as average speed checkers ......

PM me your reg - and I'll get some plates made up, bolt them onto mine and I'll give those damn SPECS something to think about, leave it a couple of weeks and see if you get anything in the post - OK?

Only in the best interests of the Forum, of course :D

OP
G

grpar

Reaction score
PM me your reg - and I'll get some plates made up, bolt them onto mine and I'll give those damn SPECS something to think about, leave it a couple of weeks and see if you get anything in the post - OK?

Only in the best interests of the Forum, of course :D

Sure, no problem, the registration is PI55 OFF ..... hope they work as well for you !

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Sure, no problem, the registration is PI55 OFF ..... hope they work as well for you !

HOT OFF THE PRESS:

I have heard on the grapevine, that SPECS cameras are not 'intelligent' enough to work out average speeds IF THE VEHICLE SWITCHES LANES.

Can anyone confirm - or deny, that this is the case..???

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
HOT OFF THE PRESS:

I have heard on the grapevine, that SPECS cameras are not 'intelligent' enough to work out average speeds IF THE VEHICLE SWITCHES LANES.

Can anyone confirm - or deny, that this is the case..???
The story goes that when they bought the system they didn't link the lanes therefore if you go through the camera in lane 1 then switch to lane 2 for the next camera the system has nothing to compare the 2 images against as the cameras in lane 1 don't compare with lane 2.

Pls try it out and post back your findings...

OP
G

grpar

Reaction score
Gents,
It's another urban myth. They get you even if you switch lanes.

OP
G

grpar

Reaction score
Mmmmm - not sure about that grpar.

One of the best 'Urban Myths', was that Titanic was unsinkable.!!

Are you feeling brave enough to try it out though ... ! Bummer if you get a letter through the post .....

Top Bottom