mechanic or garage

Vinnysian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class coupe c180 kompressor 2007
Hi any one know a good mechanic or garage around the Birmingham area.
???

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Depends where you mean By Birmingham- - it’s a big place. For quality knowledge and work at a reasonable price, my favourite Indy is Mercland in Nuneaton.

pillow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CL600
Surely MSL in Birmingham.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Like I said - depends where he is - near Brum covers many sq miles!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Jay Manek has a garage , not sure what the name is ?

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
First choice in brum would be MSL. Then I found these in Walsall who I’ve never used but a few miles from Gt Barr Acms Mercedes Ltd. they have a web site to look at. Then there’s Andy Gayle in Smethwick that has a good rep. Also with a website.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
WDM cars were always very good with my SL

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Like I said - depends where he is - near Brum covers many sq miles!

This seems to be the correct answer, at least to me. Birmingham's a pretty big area. To the east of it near Nuneaton, it would have to be Jay at Mercland.

Closer central or south then either the MSL Centre on Stratford Rd or MSL Performance in the old BSA works on Armoury Rd.

I've been to all three and would have no hesitation in recommending any of them and I live North of Manchester. :)

Last edited:

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's a shame - but everyone has off-days and you don't know what irritating customers he's been in front of before you got there! I don't know them/him but over the last few years I've read very good feedback. When you consider that you want an Indy because of their knowledge and experience - and to save you money... maybe you should give them another try!

Auto Addict

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blue Efficiency C Class Estate
That's a shame - but everyone has off-days and you don't know what irritating customers he's been in front of before you got there! I don't know them/him but over the last few years I've read very good feedback. When you consider that you want an Indy because of their knowledge and experience - and to save you money... maybe you should give them another try!

I've decided to service it myself, as I normally do.

Auto Addict

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can't blame you for that - and you can trust the bloke who did the service!

I wanted an MOT and an oil and filter change only, said he wouldn't do just an oil/filter change, needed to check the car over, all oil/liquids etc. - I said I do that myself, said he wasn't interested in doing just oil/filter change.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I wanted an MOT and an oil and filter change only, said he wouldn't do just an oil/filter change, needed to check the car over, all oil/liquids etc. - I said I do that myself, said he wasn't interested in doing just oil/filter change.
You can see his point of view, he’s putting his reputation on servicing your car. For example if he just did an oil and filter change and then your rear subframe collapses due to rust on the drive home you’d rightly be a little upset and likely post about the poor service and the garage not spotting a serious safety issue.

Auto Addict

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can see his point of view, he’s putting his reputation on servicing your car. For example if he just did an oil and filter change and then your rear subframe collapses due to rust on the drive home you’d rightly be a little upset and likely post about the poor service and the garage not spotting a serious safety issue.

Er, he's doing an MOT at the same time, so if he misses the rear subframe whilst doing it, I would be very upset, and report him as very poor MOT tester.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Er, he's doing an MOT at the same time, so if he misses the rear subframe whilst doing it, I would be very upset, and report him as very poor MOT tester.
There’s an awful lot of cars on the road with new MOT’s that are not safe or well maintained. MOT is very restrictive especially with a car with under trays on. It’s a visual inspection, an emissions test along with brake test and lights and not much else.
He might even not do the MOT’s himself and use another garage for the MOT’s

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom