Merc Agility Agreement

AndyGB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLA AMG 220
Hi everyone!

I need some advice. I am due to return my GLA AMG 220d next month after having it for four years. The car is in excellent condition, but I did miss the service from this year :( I can see on the website there is mention of service history related charges, but can't find any more information about this.

Can anyone suggest what these would be, and if applicable?

OP
A

AndyGB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLA AMG 220
Anyone?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Call and ask them, it’s going to be about the same as the cost of the service though I would expect, just get it done late and blame COVID closures they won’t bat an eyelid

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I assume the car has been on some sort of contract. I think you will find that the servicing is a contractual obligation so you will ned to check with the Lessor :rolleyes:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
IMG_0231.JPG

On the 14/4/20 MB issued this notice via email. It has not been rescinded as today I had a warranty software upgrade carried out on my car following a service 2 weeks ago that was originally due back in March, but couldn't have been done due to lockdown 1.

Might be of use as you may have been unable to get the car serviced, but was it actually due???

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Hi everyone!

I need some advice. I am due to return my GLA AMG 220d next month after having it for four years. The car is in excellent condition, but I did miss the service from this year :( I can see on the website there is mention of service history related charges, but can't find any more information about this.

Can anyone suggest what these would be, and if applicable?

If it is an Agility Agreement, have you not had communication with MB Finance with a booklet called something cheerful like "Next Step on Your Financial Journey"? They usually send this out 3 months before the Agreement ends (a) to ask what you want to do with the car (keep it/return it/p/ex it) (b) providing the return standards (damage/dents/missed services etc) and (c) setting how much they will sting you for each of the return standards you don't meet. On recent agreements they have incorporated the return standards into the Agreement (pp6-8/12 in mine) ; they used to just turn up in the booklet above and may actually have been unenforceable since the agreement you signed did not say what the return standards were.

MB Finance have lightened up a bit in recent years (BCA on their behalf used to report every tiny mark) but according to one inspector MB found they were putting people off buying another MB on PCP. But a missed service is probably an open goal. Although if you are on annual services ie <15,500 (?)miles/year and the service coincides with the end of the agreement, you are not responsible for the final service.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom