Mercedes C204 C220 CDI 2012 Ignition/Remapping Issues

Thamid12345

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2012 (C204)
Hi All,

Hope you are well and are keeping safe.

I have an issue I'd like your advice on, on my Mercedes C220 CDI 2012 Coupe (C204).

Since quarantine, I have been doing very little long distance mileage and my DPF got completely full with Soot and went into Limp mode where it lost most of its acceleration. My local garage advised me that the best thing to do would be to remap the ECU with DPF delete and would also remap the car to give some performance/fuel economy gains.

Another issue that I have (maybe 10% of the time) is that the key, when inserted into the module, causes the 'Key Not Recognised' issue to appear on the car, however it always starts, and since it happened so rarely I had not been so active to get it sorted. I also have some very minor instances where the car will not unlock/lock, although this is quickly resolved by pressing it a few times. This made me think that this was an issue with the key itself.

It just so happened that as the car was being remapped and the key was put into the ignition, it was on this off chance that the key was not recognised and the map did not work at all and thus the car would not start. After some fiddling about restoring the old map, the car started, but would not start the next day. It was subsequently fixed, with the diagnosis being some sort of wiring or module issue. I am due to give the car into the garage in the next week or so to get this fully checked, but I would love to get your opinions on what you think the issue is.

Do you think it just may be an issue with the key? (At the moment, I don't have a replacement to check this with), an issue with the EIS module, or something completely else?

The tuner is very reputable in my area and so I do not think the map itself is the issue but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much in advance.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Age old saying only remap a car with 0 issues , Dpf aside...

Lots of OM651 having problems .

Explanations here .

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Iv never heard that you need to remap a car because the DPF is full. What a load of tosh

Agree.

The best thing to do is go for a drive, 20 mins each way on a motorway at 70 in 5th gear should do it or have a forced Regen done

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Agree.

The best thing to do is go for a drive, 20 mins each way on a motorway at 70 in 5th gear should do it or have a forced Regen done
Exactly. Also keepnin on cruise control if possible that way its always getting the beans :D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom