MercedesMe tracker

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
Does anyone know if the tracker available on MercedesMe is recognised as by insurance companies?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s not unfortunately, they only recognise the usual suspects if they’re insisting on having to be....

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I asked my insurer if the was a discount for having a tracker, they said no.
It was going to cost about £200 a year to have my registered through the company who supplied the unit. :shock:
I then asked the tracker company if mine was still working before committing as it was in the car when I purchased it.
They were able to tell me where the car was :D
So decided against registering and save 200 quid because I only have to call them to find out where the car is if it gets nicked :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I initially insured through MB and they did not require a tracker. I then switched to LV (who apparently underwrite MB and are cheaper) and they do not require a tracker. I have the MB ME tracker and can set zones. I get an alert on my phone (within seconds) if it moves in or out of a preset zone. Works for me!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Does anyone know if the tracker available on MercedesMe is recognised as by insurance companies?

See below: -

It’s not unfortunately, they only recognise the usual suspects if they’re insisting on having to be....

Which is the correct answer unfortunately. In reality. the only people who could give you the correct answer to the question would be your own insurers, though make sure you get it in writing if they say that the ME one will be OK as my brokers would only recognise the main players.

My insurance have insisted upon a tracker being fitted on my last couple of cars but they've both been relatively high value so I can "sort of" understand.

If you're being asked to fit one on an average value car then I'd firstly question the reasons, then shop about as it may be considerably cheaper to change to a company where it's not a requirement. Mine was about £600 to supply and fit, including a 3 yearly subscription though I couldn't find an insurer to quote without one fitted on my current car so have no comparison to make. :(

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
In the current climate I would not consider using any insurance company that insisted on a tracker, nor would I accept a small discount for having one fitted...in the same way as I wouldn't for a dashcam or house alarm.
There is plenty of choice and competition out there which means there is simply no need to.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
See below: -

Which is the correct answer unfortunately. In reality. the only people who could give you the correct answer to the question would be your own insurers, though make sure you get it in writing if they say that the ME one will be OK as my brokers would only recognise the main players.

My insurance have insisted upon a tracker being fitted on my last couple of cars but they've both been relatively high value so I can "sort of" understand.

If you're being asked to fit one on an average value car then I'd firstly question the reasons, then shop about as it may be considerably cheaper to change to a company where it's not a requirement. Mine was about £600 to supply and fit, including a 3 yearly subscription though I couldn't find an insurer to quote without one fitted on my current car so have no comparison to make. :(

Go on-line for a quote, the form usually asks if a tracker is fitted.......I've only ever had a problem when using a broker to quote me.

MB insurance is not miles off the others in pricing and the cost delta over a few years is probably less than the cost of fitting and subscribing to a tracker service.

Top Bottom