1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ML 320cdi gearbox problem

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by ConnellC, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ConnellC

ConnellC New Registration

Hi all,
    This is my first time on your forum and I hope someone can help me?
    We have a 2006 ml320cdi. At the weekend my wife had to get the car recovered and sent to the nearest MB garage as the car would not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The garage did locate a computer fault and for £200 they reset the conputer and said that the problem was rectified.
    I have just been in the car and again it malfunctioned. It would not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. Revs kept going up. The steering wheel gear paddles did not function either.
    What should I do?
    I do intend to have a serious discussion with the MB garage but I need to get the problem resolved.
    Thanks
    Connell

2. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI AMG Line Premium, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
    Get it back to the dealer just express your disappointment for now and wait until they come with the "fix". Simply ask them to deduct the £200 off this invoice as quite frankly a "reset" never fixes the fault. Thats a garage idiom for, " we star tested erased the fault codes, driven it and the fault hasn't returned so it must be fixed".

It does sound like you have low fluid level in the box or poor quality oil from your description of the fault. However it could be something a little more serious, hard to say without knowing the fault codes.