ML 320cdi gearbox problem

ConnellC

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first time on your forum and I hope someone can help me?
We have a 2006 ml320cdi. At the weekend my wife had to get the car recovered and sent to the nearest MB garage as the car would not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. The garage did locate a computer fault and for £200 they reset the conputer and said that the problem was rectified.
I have just been in the car and again it malfunctioned. It would not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. Revs kept going up. The steering wheel gear paddles did not function either.
What should I do?
I do intend to have a serious discussion with the MB garage but I need to get the problem resolved.
Thanks
Connell

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Get it back to the dealer just express your disappointment for now and wait until they come with the "fix". Simply ask them to deduct the £200 off this invoice as quite frankly a "reset" never fixes the fault. Thats a garage idiom for, " we star tested erased the fault codes, driven it and the fault hasn't returned so it must be fixed".

It does sound like you have low fluid level in the box or poor quality oil from your description of the fault. However it could be something a little more serious, hard to say without knowing the fault codes.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom