ML270 W163 Cruise Control

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Morning all,

A little help please. My cruise control is not working on my 2002 ML 270 CDI.

I've replaced the Brake light switch with new and checked all three brake lights are functioning.

There are no tell-tale lights illuminated on the instrument cluster. Usually I've read that three on two are on when this happens. ie. ETS\BAS ESP or ABS.

I've been looking in the main fuse/relay box in engine but do not see a specific fuse/relay for Cruise Control. Is there one and if so what is the number and location.

Thanks in advance.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Morning all,

A little help please. My cruise control is not working on my 2002 ML 270 CDI.

I've replaced the Brake light switch with new and checked all three brake lights are functioning.

There are no tell-tale lights illuminated on the instrument cluster. Usually I've read that three on two are on when this happens. ie. ETS\BAS ESP or ABS.

I've been looking in the main fuse/relay box in engine but do not see a specific fuse/relay for Cruise Control. Is there one and if so what is the number and location.

Thanks in advance.

When I bought a brake switch for our Smart it came with instructions on how to set it. Bare in mind that there's usually 2 switches inside ie normally open & normally closed, it's possible that the brake lights work without the switch being correctly adjusted.
Just my guess. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Hi thanks, for you rapid reply. When I bought the switch I followed the instructions which said to pull on the stem so it comes out fully and fit with brake pedal depressed. Then slowly return pedal to normal position.

Also when the cruise control button is depressed I notice that little light on the stalk does not illuminate either.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi thanks, for you rapid reply. When I bought the switch I followed the instructions which said to pull on the stem so it comes out fully and fit with brake pedal depressed. Then slowly return pedal to normal position.

Also when the cruise control button is depressed I notice that little light on the stalk does not illuminate either.

What if you lift the brake pedal slightly? The normally open switch might be closed ...... :?:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Understood, I'll give it a try. Will it be that sensitive?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
pressing the cruise lever engages the speed limiter and not cruise control, if you flick the lever up while driving over 20mph what happens, does it just not engage?

could be a faulty lever, they sometimes do go faulty.

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
pressing the cruise lever engages the speed limiter and not cruise control, if you flick the lever up while driving over 20mph what happens, does it just not engage?

could be a faulty lever, they sometimes do go faulty.

Hello, nothing happens after flicking lever up.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
You now need someone cleverer/more experienced than me ....... ;-)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
:) I was hoping that maybe there was a blown fuse somewhere I could just swap out. I guess it's not going to be that easy.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom