MOT, it failed

marlowboy

Reaction score
Hi just a thought , watched an episode of wheeler dealer and they used a smoke machine in side car and looked for escaping smoke .I think it was a dry ice type machine as used at discos. They were looking for an elusive leak and it found it using this machine.Never had to use one myself but look clever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi, I made a Smoke Machine, sad person that I am! A Pickled Onion Jar given by the local Fish & Chip Shop. Drill a hole in the top, insert 5mm rubber Hose, another hole and connect to a tyre inflator to pressur the Jar, then bought for a couple of quid of Ebay some Smoke Pellets, tightly seal the top and put the tube into the Air Filter on my X5 and located all the leaks, simples!

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
Not on an old riley or hillman they dont !
Just a quick memory of a leaky car which would not be found with any smoke or water test was my beloved Citroen C8
Top of the range 3 sun roofs every conceivable extra .first few months great.Then a rainy winter!! 3 sunroof 2 drain holes at front that could not cope and ECU in well in floor .Sometimes would pour down mirror( especially if breaking hard) , hung a pot to stop it wetting floor and you could hear it sloshing in roof. Sealed all sunroofs improved it somewhat but never did find where it came in .Moral of story never buy a Citroen C8 !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom