Mounting a caravan coupling on W211 E320 CDI do I need a bigger fan for the radiator?

robert_winter_1000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E350 CDI (W212)
Hello all,

I am intended to mount a caravan coupling on my W211 E320 CDI of 2006. The MB local dealer here told me that I have to install a bigger fan in order to get rid of the extra heat generated by pulling the caravan. Anyone has experience with this? :confused::confused:

Regards,

Robert

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
If you have a genuine Mercedes-Benz tow bar and electrics fitted, the technician fitting it has to alter the coding in the Rear SAM and central gateway to acommodate it with regards to the rear light operation. I dont think it alters the engine suction fan speeds though. Something to look into for my own personal interest.. God what a trainspotter I am turning into!

And welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it very informative here..

Phillip.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
You only need extra cooling on really old cars .......... a modern car should need no extra cooling !! .. there's plenty of aftermarket fan sets around ............ but I would fit the towbar, then do a short test run with the van on the back 1st !!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom