Multiple cylinder misfire and blue smoke

John2684

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 advantgard 2.4 v6 2003
I have a 2003 mercedesc240 2.4 with 90.000 mls I'm getting error codes for random/Multiple cylinder misfire and blue smoke when accelerating .

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A common problem on these is blocked engine breathers - especially if the maintenance has been scrimped on..
To check remove the oil filler cap and check for excessive pulsing from the filler. Also check the cap for build ups of carbon on the inside. If the breathers are blocked crankcase pressure builds up forcing oil past the piston rings.

OP
J

John2684

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 advantgard 2.4 v6 2003
A common problem on these is blocked engine breathers - especially if the maintenance has been scrimped on..
To check remove the oil filler cap and check for excessive pulsing from the filler. Also check the cap for build ups of carbon on the inside. If the breathers are blocked crankcase pressure builds

Hopefully this is the problem with mine, I'll follow your advice and check the filler and let you know how I get on. Other than that I'm fearing the wosre

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom