Needing help/advice please........

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
I'll keep it to the point.

Thinking of getting a w208 CLK320 Cab - very nice other than the Rollbar/Headrests have deployed.

Can't get them to retract the normal way - Up Button 8+ Seconds - Click - Down Button to lower - no go.

2-man job to lower them Manually. I am alone with no mechanical help and can't ask someone to help me obviously.

So looking for someone that is able to be with someone living together so can work together to help me do it.

I can remove the seats etc myself ok but it needs 2 people working together to lower them at the same time while the other person holds the 2 locking pawls in the release position - basically on top of each other! (Roof it up).

Anybody in the Southampton/Portsmouth area that can help?

Pointless buying it if I can't get assistance - Garages are all closed..... Willing to reward.... :D

Said vehicle:

vviL1Ih.jpg

x9fouNG.jpg

I know a big ask - Thanks in advance.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I'll keep it to the point.

Thinking of getting a w208 CLK320 Cab - very nice other than the Rollbar/Headrests have deployed.

Can't get them to retract the normal way - Up Button 8+ Seconds - Click - Down Button to lower - no go.

2-man job to lower them Manually. I am alone with no mechanical help and can't ask someone to help me obviously.

So looking for someone that is able to be with someone living together so can work together to help me do it.

I can remove the seats etc myself ok but it needs 2 people working together to lower them at the same time while the other person holds the 2 locking pawls in the release position - basically on top of each other! (Roof it up).

Anybody in the Southampton/Portsmouth area that can help?

Pointless buying it if I can't get assistance - Garages are all closed..... Willing to reward.... :D

Said vehicle:

vviL1Ih.jpg

x9fouNG.jpg

I know a big ask - Thanks in advance.
I would if I could.

Nice motor tho

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you were nearer I'd gladly help. Hopefully someone can assist.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
And me at the moment

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
think w208 last decent benz before degree in electronics or deep wallet required ,or at least its been that way for me .. enjoy.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Have to admit, ours was a really good car, never really know why shmbo wanted to change it.
Thoroughly reliable in its ten years with us, one cps and some rust issues. Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom