New e-class

fernar

Reaction score
The MB website has been updated with the details of their new engines. So now the all the 2.7l cars have been replaced with 2.8l and there appears to be a new more powerful 3.2 diesel engine. I am most interested in the new diesel versions - has anyone tested the new e-class diesels - they appear to be more powerful then the previous models. Are they less nosiy then the previous engines?

Everything else about the cars, from a visual point of view (internal and external) appears to be the same (good news for us who have already purchased our cars..!).

The Editor

Reaction score
Hi Fernar,

I think you'll find 2006 will see a 'facelift' to the W211. It looks like the nice padded armrest between the front seats is going and being replaced by some polycarbonate piece of junk that's been sourced from a car costing about 20% of the price of an E-Class. There will more than likely be cosmetic changes to the outside (Some spy sites say the dual headlight look is going and being replaced with something square and revolting.

I think the current W211 shape has great road presence and is a nice balance, if they are going to ruin the whole thing (which it sounds like they might) I will go and buy a Lexus !

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
The diesel is a three litre V6.

That headlight change is not for the facelift, its an artist imprsssion for the 212 of 2008/9

The Editor

Reaction score
Hi Pascal,

Are you saying you think the new 'E' (W211) for 2006 is not going to look too disimilar from the W211 we know and love of present?? (From the outside at least?)

I haven't been able to get a definitive answer picture and I wan't to order one but am aprehensive at the moment :cry:

Thanks

Mark

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Next month Mercedes Enthusiast is appraently testing an E420CDI...not 320, but a v8 420. Its an upgrade of the old E400CDI that was only available in left hand drive and which was one fantastic car....how about something like 6.1 seconds to 100kph? I could fancy an estate one of these if only the service was half decent.

Other than that the performer to get is the C320CDI.......os CLK320CDI Cabrio...

Brett

Reaction score
OlafMaxwell said:
Next month Mercedes Enthusiast is appraently testing an E420CDI...not 320, but a v8 420. Its an upgrade of the old E400CDI that was only available in left hand drive and which was one fantastic car....how about something like 6.1 seconds to 100kph? I could fancy an estate one of these if only the service was half decent.

Other than that the performer to get is the C320CDI.......os CLK320CDI Cabrio...

They are but they also say that the engine is unlikely to make it to the UK as there are some issues with the design for a RHD vehicle. Would be nice thou.

blassberg

Reaction score
Brett said:
They are but they also say that the engine is unlikely to make it to the UK as there are some issues with the design for a RHD vehicle. Would be nice thou.

Brett,
are you referring to the 320CDI's or the 420CDI?

The 320 is coming RHD to UK. They start building mine in 3 weeks so I certainly hope so!

Brett

Reaction score
blassberg said:
Brett,
are you referring to the 320CDI's or the 420CDI?

The 320 is coming RHD to UK. They start building mine in 3 weeks so I certainly hope so!

Sorry, re-read my quote and realise it is rather ambiguous. I mean the 420CDI.

Top Bottom