New Top Gear Hosts Line Up ?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Can't see why it would matter what she does, or who she does it with?

Clegg to replace May
Milliband to replace Hammond
Farage to replace Clarkson

Like this ..... ;)

11060837_10155499881600247_2023969943880554636_n_zpsyt6mgkj2.jpg

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Wow, I thought you were quick doing a photoshop but I guess it's already out there?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Wow, I thought you were quick doing a photoshop but I guess it's already out there?

Me Photoshop? We'd still be waiting next week :lol:

as you say, it's already out there & was posted on another forum I use ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That was post in the motoring media as well,. I got it from 2 sources.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Clarkson "recovery"

Auntie Beeb knows how many people would like to see Clarkson back on TG (they had the petition to prove it!). And they make many thousands maybe millions, selling the program worldwide.

I don't think Clarkson needs the money but he does need what all performers need: an audience. They are all the same from rock and rollers to ballet dancers - they need an audience. That's why so many of them go on after reaching pensionable age (look at Paul McCartney -72, Elton John -68, Marty Wilde -76) etc.

I just wonder if the Beeb could get Clarkson back on TG via a "public flogging" - i.e.: if he came on and said he is sorry, he was in dark place (or something similar in the modern idiom) and shake hands with the producer he allegedly punched... who is called Oisin Tymon - I bet you couldn't remember his name - I couldn't (got it, thanks Google) - he would probably do it for money and a promise of further TG work.

I don't suppose it will happen. But if a US president (Clinton) can keep his job by giving a public apology, I don't see why this couldn't be sorted in the same way.

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
ha good person for the job is jay leno because he is car person and does his own shows on u tube.

I don't think it will work probley ran for 1 series then be scrapped.

Itv is in talks with old topgear team about car show

Clarkson I don't think be back on topgear with bbc for very long time.I think BBC wanted him out for very long time.

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I would have Farage replete with cigar as Clarksons replacement.
What a hoot the BBC PC unit W1A style in paroxisms of affected disgust as soon as he opens his mouth.
Priceless.

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
How come Chris Harris name has not been mentioned?

Ever seen a C63 on spacesavers?

He's probably the best motoring journalist around as many try to mimic jezza this guy does his own thing

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Chris Harris is quite a legend on youtube etc. He would be a great choice except he probably doesnt want to kill his career trying to do Top Gear

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Netflix Could Land Clarkson, Hammond & May, Call New Show 'House Of Cars':

Last week, we speculated Jeremy Clarkson would land at Netflix—and now we have new info suggesting that's exactly what's going to happen.

The Mirror is reporting that he and co conspirators Richard Hammond and James May—along with former Top Gear producer Andy Wilman—are close to a deal with the streaming service to host their next endeavor. The name is said to be House of Cars, a play on the company's smash hit House of Cards.

Obviously, landing the trio would be a huge win for Netflix.

ALSO SEE: Has Jeremy Clarkson Gone Back To Work Already?

And while there's no indication of what would be different about the new show, since Netflix isn't bound by broadcast standard, viewers might get to hear their frequent profanity in all its glorious detail, as opposed to the bleeps which punctuated their exchanges on the BBC.

Another potential upshot for fans if the deal goes through? If Netflix follows the formula it has with its other series—and there's no reason to expect it won't—the entire season will be available at once. Who wouldn't want to spend an entire weekend binge watching the three musketeers play with the planet's most desirable vehicles?

For now, Clarkson, Hammond, and May are busying themselves preparing to host their upcoming series of live dates, creatively titled Clarkson, Hammond and May Live!

With the BBC set to begin a new era of Top Gear with a fresh cast, and the knowledge that the old crew isn't quite done yet, it's a good time to be a fan of automotive enthusiast programming. Stay tuned for more info.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ The question is, who wants to shell out £6 99 a month for a Netflix subscription to watch JC and company?. You also need a smart TV to run the app.
I have Netflix as a freebie for 6 months when I signed up to Virgin, but the choice of films isn't brilliant and I won't be taking up the service when I have to pay for it.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
^ The question is, who wants to shell out £6 99 a month for a Netflix subscription to watch JC and company?. You also need a smart TV to run the app.
I have Netflix as a freebie for 6 months when I signed up to Virgin, but the choice of films isn't brilliant and I won't be taking up the service when I have to pay for it.
I had Netflix on the free trial Virgin gave out. After looking a few times at the beginning we didn't bother with it any more.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
According to a post on PH the line-up is:

Chris Evans
Sabine Schmit
Chris Harris
David Coulthard

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Good choice with Chris Harris. Not a smarmy presenter like you tend to see on other youtube providers

See my old post as to have him as TG presenter

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Last edited:

Parisien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320 1996, 1990 C124 300ce, 1989 200TE
Seems engaging, but more technical and "Discovery channel" like in his delivery, and the 20 minutes was way too long to spend on all the aspects of said car.

For me its all about the chemistry between the other two......I suspect there won't be any, ergo it will just be a rehash of 5th Gear, which I don't enjoy fullstop

P

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Seems engaging, but more technical and "Discovery channel" like in his delivery, and the 20 minutes was way too long to spend on all the aspects of said car.

For me its all about the chemistry between the other two......I suspect there won't be any, ergo it will just be a rehash of 5th Gear, which I don't enjoy fullstop

P

i think the technicality etc is all down to the scripting for any given review. some reviews he just takes the car, smokes the tyres, says if its godd, bad or indifferent and a few good/bad points, job done in 5 mins.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
he is on a youtube channel reviewing cars. he is quite good. manages to combine a little fun with the more important day to day stuff about the cars he tests. a bit like top gear was before it got too silly for some, but after the tyre smoking began to creep in.

his test on the C63 with the bi-turbo engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XUTu2lzTo

group test GT3 RS 4.0, M3 GTS and C63 ANG Black series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSaN8FS-GV8

That was good and I could listen to him :D

He only made one mistake.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom