1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie trying to figure out CL500!

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by tim091, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tim091

tim091 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2001
    Hi All,

Just come over to MB from ten years in Jag land. Bought a early 2001 CL500. No manual with it so I have downloaded a US version which has helped but I am left with a few questions (and no doubt will have many more!).

1. I like to have the steering wheel in the lowest position but of course that means I can't get out of the car! I was hoping that there was a function that lifts the wheel when you opened the door. In fact I thought I had enabled this on the multifunction display on the dash. "Seat + wheel" in a Convenience section. But nothing happens. Any ideas?
    2. I have programmed the seat, mirror and wheel positions to a memory location. If I move a mirror or the seat and then press the memory stored number they return to the preset positions OK. But if I have moved the wheel position it does not return. Should it?
    3. I see in the manual (US version) that there is an option to display tyre pressure info on the dash display. I can find no reference of this when scrolling through the menus using the multifunction wheel buttons. Is it just a US option?

Any info would be great - I will be back with more questions I am sure but loving it to bits so far!

2. Mic

Mic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
    Hello and welcome.....suggestions will come.

Mic

3. M6AJJ

M6AJJ Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    v222 2014 350
    In reply to No 1, you turn the short stalk (Left of the steering wheel) to set the auto function, so that the steering wheel rises as you exit the vehicle.

Hope this helps

4. OP
    tim091

tim091 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2001
    Genius! Thank you sir.