Oil change CLK 200 Kompressor W209

NeilA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 K TIP
Wanting to change my oil although havent been able to figure out where to pump it out of on a W209, any ideas chaps?

Thanks

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
You could also drain it from the sump plug?

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
oil change

well if you pump it you wont get it all out or the sludge at the bottom! that came from boats i used to work on them, as the bottom of the engine is! well on the bottom! get it stinking hot and drain it out via the sump plug! as well as changing the filter .

N

npuk

MB main dealers suck it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
oil change

yes they would do as they can get a lad to do it for £6 per hour rather than a fitter on £15, its all down to time and cost, not your cars health! some of us on here have worked for MB dealers, but what do we know , you makes your own choice, we can only give advice from experience as mechanics, some retired like me but still interested in engines etc!

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
As long as its regularly serviced, I cant see there will be much sludge left in the pan. Surely if the sludge is too thick to be sucked up the dip tube, it will also be too thick to drain out of the sump plug.

My old oil filters do not show evidence of any crap oil, in fact I am surprised just how clean and fluid the oil appears to be.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it's drained from the plug, you know it's all out. If sooked up, there is always the element of doubt.

No way of knowing if the tube has reached the lowest part of the sump, or even kinked up a bit.

I suppose one could always take the same attitude as some with the ATF change, don't remove the banjo, let's just dilute the new oil with the old and we get a % change !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
For the dealers it is a speed thing, the under trays have to come off to drain via the sump, and the dealers want them in and out as soon as possible, they do not take wheels off anymore

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yhea, exactly. All about making money in as short a time as poss. Same with all jobs they do. At least the indys on this site seem to be dedicated in doing any job right.

One of the reasons why they decided to start up on their own and breakaway. I would have done similar if was younger again, Hindesight !

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom